Superstar athlete

Axel

A small smirk played on my lips as I left the small tent. Everyone's eyes were trained on me but I ignored them, heading straight for Bones as he stood nearby, terrorising the guy who was running the kissing booth's money desk. Everyone had seen me walk straight past the queue and slap my money down, entering the tent with determination. After the way Dean was staring at me, like he wanted to eat me for dessert, how could I not go and prove what I said about biting to be true. 

I definitely hadn't, however, expected... that. That was intense.

Bones noticed me come to a stop beside him and grinned, wrapping an arm around my neck and aggressively rubbing his knuckles against my head, making me squirm and attempt to kick him away as we stumbled away from the booth. I finally elbowed my way free and shoved him, making him stumble, almost tripping over some litter on the ground. I chuckled; we were always play fighting. Bones couldn't keep still for more than five seconds and I didn't give a shit about what people thought of me, so it wasn't surprising that we were always kicking each other in public for no reason.

We made our way across the fair, towards the ghost train where the rest of our friends were waiting for us and, once we got there, we just stood around, talking and joking. I, however, was noticeably disengaged from the conversation. When I had gone in there, I had expected to attempt to kiss him but to be met with a stream of denial from Dean, that he wasn't gay and that he had a girlfriend and he wasn't even looking at me; whatever lies he could come up with to get me to leave him alone. 

What I hadn't expected was the best kiss of my life, so far.

Who would have thought that superstar athlete Dean was one of us? I wonder who knew; I had never heard anything, so it was likely nobody knew. A closet gay? He had a girlfriend, though. I sighed. Kate was a pain in the ass. She was always ratting on me and my friends and it brought a little pang of triumph to think that I had just kissed the shit out of her boyfriend. Not to mention, the possessive love bites I'd left along his neck and jaw line. There was no way he was going to be able to hide those from her and that made a little smile tease my lips; he was going have to face the fact that kiss was awesome head on.

"Axel!" I noticed Bones was screaming in my face and waving his hands in front of me while all of our friends were watching in amusement, "Earth to Axel! I asked you if you got what you needed off of that Dean kid?"

"Oh, yeah." I mumbled, "I got it from him."

I had told Bones that Dean had something of mine and that was my excuse for finding him there. Bones would never let it go if I told him I'd paid to kiss somebody. The kissing a guy part he was more than fine with, just not the payment for such an act. It was sort of like some weird soft core prostitution; why schools allowed students to partake in this, I had no idea. Not that I was complaining.

"This fair sucks." Bones grumbled, kicking the dirt and leaning against my chest with a huff, he did that quite often. 

He could not stand still.

"There's nothing to do in this shitty town."

I hummed to humour him and he began to rant about how he couldn't wait to move out once school was over. I partially zoned out and just took long drags from my cigarettes as I stared over at Dean. His shift must had ended because now he was queueing outside the Ferris wheel with Kate. His eyes met mine briefly and I held them, taking another long drag. Whenever I smoked around him his eyes always seemed to lock in on my lips, watching the smoke curl out of my mouth. The way he stared at me hungrily made me want to either flip a table or make out with him on said table.

Never before had I had anyone sexualise my smoking habit. Oddly, I liked it.

His short, dirty blonde hair was longer on the top than it was on the sides and was slightly messy and unkept, even more untamed after I'd had my hands all in it and his dark, thick eyebrows were often furrowed in concentration. His honey coloured eyes not once left mine and I let my eyes trail over his still slightly swollen lips. He was wearing a simple outfit: a dark blue school sweatshirt, black jeans and vans, but that didn't stop him from looking effortlessly attractive. His ass looked fucking amazing in those jeans.

"Axel? Dude, you weren't even listening to me!" Bones whined from against me to force me to drag my eyes away from Dean reluctantly, "I was asking if you wanted to go to the moshes tonight?"

The moshes was basically just a bar that housed all of the towns 'alternative' people. Local bands played music live on the stage and it was called the moshes, obviously, because of the mosh pits that happened there. Usually, I would be down to go jump head first off of a stage into a crowd and run around like an adrenalin junky in a mosh pit, but tonight I just wasn't feeling it. 

I told Bones as much and he pouted, rolling his eyes. If Bones could he would spend every single night getting shoved around and elbowed whilst running in a mosh pit. Bones was nicknamed Bones because of a time he'd broken a few in a crazy, massive mosh pit at some alternative festival we had gone to.

My eyes found Dean again as he climbed into the Ferris wheel and I sighed. I couldn't get that kiss off of my mind.