Chapter 3

Destiny's POV

After school, Katy gives me a ride home to my house. "See you later and have a happy birthday Destiny," she calls out as I walk up to my door.

"Bye! See you," I say back at her. I walk into my house to hear my mother and father arguing about something. Being the nosey person I am, I walk up and hide behind the wall of the kitchen so they can't see me. With my werewolf hearing, their words are pretty clear.

"We have to tell her," I hear my mom plead to my father.

"Why? Why do we have to tell her today," my father asks.

"Because it's her sixteenth birthday! We should of told her a long time ago, but you wanted to wait until she found her mate. Well she did today, so now it's our time to tell her," she says to him. I furrow my brows in confusion. Well they're definitely talking about me, that's pretty obvious. What aren't they telling me?

I'm about to confront them until my father says something that makes me stop dead in my tracks with shock.

"How exactly are we supposed to fit that into a conversation randomly, Shannon? You want me to just say 'oh hey, Destiny, you're adopted by the way'?" My father, Derek, asks my mom. I just stand there in shock for about a minute and I don't even hear my moms reply. Before I know it, my feet are taking me to the kitchen to confront them.

"What do you mean I'm adopted," I try to yell, but instead it comes out as a whisper. My parents both look at me with their faces full of shock and guilt.

"Um, I-I," my mother tries to explain but all that comes out is stuttering. Seeing this, my father decides to take over.

"Des, maybe you should have a seat in the living room while we talk about this." I walk into the living and have a seat on the couch. They quickly follow and take a seat themselves.

"You can explain now," I say after a minute of silence.

"Okay, so as you now know, you're adopted and we aren't your parents," my father starts off. "Aaron knows you're adopted and if you're wondering, he's not adopted."

I nod and say, "Okay. So, um, how did you find me?"

This time, it's my mom who talks. "Sweetie, this might be a little bit hard to handle. But I think you can take it," she says and I start to feel nervousness in the pit of my stomach. "You see, one day there were some severely injured rouges who trespassed on out territory. Luckily, I was on a run and found them. They were mates and they told me that a pack of rouges attacked their pack. Their pack was the Nightingale pack, which was a pack of rare werewolves. Anyway, they were suffering from severe injuries so I wanted to take them to the pack doctor, but they said it would be no use. It was then that I noticed they had a baby with them. It seemed to be okay. They asked me to take in their child and give it a place to stay and of course I agreed. They ended up dying about a minute after I agreed to it. I buried them and took the baby, which was you, to Derek and he agreed to raise you with me. Now, of course I had to tell the alpha. I told him that a mated couple had had injuries and died and they asked me to take you in. He told me that it was fine. I couldn't tell him about the pack you came from. It'd be too dangerous," she finished.

I sat there, trying to take all the new information in. I was adopted, my real parents are dead, and I'm a rare type of wolf. I guess that explains why I'm the only one in the pack with a pure white wolf.

"This is why we never put you out on territory runs where you had to show your wolf to everyone," my father said. "You're stronger than anyone else in this pack. Even the alpha. You are the only living member of the Nightingale pack left."

My mouth drops open. I'm stronger than the alpha? I always knew I was pretty strong, even for a werewolf, but I didn't know I was that strong.

"I-I, um, I think I'm going to go for a run," I say quickly. Before anyone can stop me, I run out the door and shift into my wolf. I can hear my parents calling after me. I make sure not to run into any other werewolf while running in the woods.

I can't believe this, I think to myself and my wolf.

Well, believe it. Because it's true, my wolf says to me. Well, I guess it's good to know they're not lying to me.

I continue to run around in the woods until I get I little tired. I decide to go to a little lake that I know of. Nobody goes there which a plus. Once I get to the lake, I shift back into my human form and jump in quickly. I didn't have to take my clothes off because I shredded them when I shifted into my wolf at the house. Don't worry, I always hide a pair of clothes behind a tree that's near the lake for times like these.

I start swimming around and enjoying my free time from other people. I swim near the edge of the lake and put my elbows on the edge and start to relax. I think about all the things that happened today. I found my mate and I also found out that I was adopted. What a day.

I started to think about my mate, Demitri. I think about his chest and his defined jaw and emerald eyes. I also start to think about the mint and wood scent of him. To think of it, it's like I can smell it right now. Just then, I hear a twig snap and my eyes shoot open. Oh man, I think to myself. That's the reason I can smell his scent so clearly. He's standing by the other side of the lake with a smirk on his face. Great, just great, I think and then I realize something that makes me sink lower into the lake.

I have no clothes on.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey! I updated a lot sooner than last time! I know that it's a short chapter, but I wanted to get one up. Weren't expecting that, we're you? Haha. I hoped you liked it. Vote and comment if you did! :)