Chapter 23 Mamasita

I'm standing outside leaning against the door. Lincoln's on the inside holding Hailey also leaning against the door. "Babe, don't worry we'll be fine." He says. "Are you sure.. I can call Clarke and Raven and cancel." I say reaching for my phone. "Octavia, you need a break. Go out, have fun and we will be here when you come back." He tells me. I sigh. "Ok,ok." I tell him. He kisses me through the door and I kiss Hailey. "Bye my little peanut." I say tickling her tummy.

I get to the club and meet Raven and Clarke. "Hey sexy mama!" Raven yells out. "Oooo mamasita!" Clarke says running over. I laugh at them. "Ready to have some fun!" Raven grabs my arm. We order some drinks, dance and have fun. "Awww look you see that dude over there in the corner." Raven says pointing to a dude. We all look over. "That was Mr. Hottie 2 years ago!" She says. "Mr. Hottie?" Clarke looks confused. "Lincoln sat there and watched me all night... that's how we met." I say sipping my drink. "Omg! Did he go home with you that night!" She asks. "No way! I thought he was a creep! I saw him at the coffee shop a few days later. He started hitting on me and I actually acted really bitchy." I say laughing. "Aww love story!" Raven says. "Oh I wonder if mr. Shorty is here for you Raven." I say looking at her. "Who?!" Clarke's still confused. "Raven made out with him all night then gave him what was it McDonald's? No Chipotles number..." we all laugh and continue to have fun.

I get home at around midnight. I quietly walk in to the dark house trying not to wake everyone up. Chewy comes over, I hear his collar jingle as he walks. "Hey buddy." I say scratching his head. I walk into the bathroom and change in to a tank top and Lincoln's jogging pants. I quietly walk upstairs and into the room. Lincoln's asleep and Hailey's asleep on his chest. They both look so peaceful. I smile and get into bed. I feel Lincoln grab my hand. "Did you have fun." He mumbles. "Yes. I did." I kiss them both and go to sleep.

      When I wake up in the morning Chewy's at my feet. I'm laying in the middle of the bed all stretched out. I get up and walk downstairs. As I walk to the kitchen, I smell delicious food. I slowly walk over stretching. "Hey sleepyhead!" Lincoln says flipping a pancake. I look at him confused. "Are you making pancakes?" I ask standing there. "Yes I am!" He says putting the spatula down. "Wow.." I say impressed. He pulls me close to him. "What." He asks smiling. "Nothing, Nothing just impressed." I say to him. He holds my waist and kisses me. Hailey starts whining. "Aww is someone jealous." I say walking over to her bassinet beside the counter.  I pick her up and kiss her. "Helloo you." I smile and tickle her tummy. She smiles. "My two favourite girls." Lincoln says hugging us.

After breakfast I do the dishes and clean up a bit. "I'm gonna go shower." Lincoln says running up the stairs. I grab the baby and bring her to the nursery. I lay her down on the changing table. I start changing her and my phone rings. I reach over and grab my phone. "Hey."I say placing my phone in between my shoulder and ear.
R: Hey, what's up.
O: Nothing I'm just changing Hailey, Lincoln's in the shower.
R: Ok just wanted to make sure everything went ok when you got home last night.
O: yep all good. And you know what!? Lincoln made breakfast.
R: Are you sure it's actually him!? Omg He was kidnapped!?
O: wow Rae.. but I'm actually so surprised, he's so good at this dad thing.
R: Your lucky to have him. You guys are both amazing parents.
O: you think.
R: I know.
O: Thanks Rae, Ok well I got to go. Hailey's getting fussy.
R: Ok. Give her a big kiss for me.
O: I will. Bye
I put my phone down and finish changing Hailey. "There we go all done." I pick her up and wrap her in a blanket. Lincoln walks out of the bathroom. "Hey O.. we need to talk." He says walking over. I'm standing there rocking Hailey. "What's wrong." I ask him worried. He gets dressed and walks over to me. "My boss just called me." He says. "Emori?" I ask. "Ya.. I have to go on a business trip... it's in Toronto." He says. "Like in Canada!?"I say shocked. "It's only for 3 weeks and I'll be back before you know it." He says placing his hands on my shoulders. "3 WEEKS... IN CANADA... WITH EMORI...THAT LITTLE BI-"He quickly brings is hand to my mouth. He points to Hailey. "Lincoln... I can't do this without you." I tell him. "Octavia... It's work only... I promise, I love you. And you are more than capable of doing this alone, your an amazing mom. It's only 3 weeks." He says. "When do you leave..." I ask looking at Hailey. "Tomorrow afternoon." He says. He pulls me into a hug.

    I'm sitting in bed reading, Hailey's asleep and Lincoln walks in. "Hey." I say putting my book down. He comes over and sits beside me. I look at him. I sit on top of him and stare in his eyes. "O... I don't have to go. I know it's last minute, and I know it's a long time and I'm going with Em-" I stop him. "No, You need to go. I was thinking about myself before, this is a great opportunity and I want you to go." I tell him playing with the bottom of his shirt. "Are you sure." He asks cupping my cheeks. "I'm positive, just don't invite Emori into your hotel room. I say. He chuckles. "I love you Octavia Blake." He says and kisses me.