rX [part 3]

A/N: I think this is the longest chapter of the fic so far, so please enjoy! Feel free to comment about what you liked or didn't like, and once again, if you have an OC you would like to see in the story, post them in a comment or message me! Enjoy!

Nothing was going good, Eira noted, as Clarice started convulsing again. small portals appearing in the air around them.

John looked at her before glancing to Sonia, "Hey, it's happening! Get everyone to safety!" He shouted, looking at all the people who were in danger before grabbing Eira's good shoulder.

"Everyone move! Let's go!" Sonia called out, motioning for the others to follow her, knowing that if Lauren couldn't get Clarice's portals to close, they may have to evacuate everyone or risk being exposed even more than they already were.

Eira shrugged her arm out of John's grasp, glaring at him, "I'm staying." She grumbled, ignoring John's exasperated sigh, there was no time to argue about semantics as the sound of police sirens filled the air around them.

Eira looked to the blonde, "Lauren, you got this?" She asked, rushing out of the vault to where a large portal had opened with police on the other side. Armed police.

The teen nodded, putting her hands up, pushing the air together around the portal, groaning with effort.

"Lauren, hurry," John said, his voice low, eyeing the trouble across the portal, if the police officers got in, it could be the end, they could be at a risk that they had never been at before in their base.

Lauren's screaming filled the room as Eira rushed to Claire, trying to pin her down, to calm down the older woman, "Andy, I need you to be ready to defend yourself if it comes down to it." Eira told him, looking at the younger boy with a serious expression.

"Defend myself?" He questioned, running his hands through his hair, "You mean attack? You want me to attack the police?" His voice rose at the end, clearly uncomfortable with the idea of what she wanted him to do.

Eira nodded, "It's them or us. We need to protect ourselves until your mom gets back with what Clarice needs. Do you understand?" Eira asked, her eyes suddenly darker than before, her body shaking from stress.

A simple nod was the only reply that Eira got back before she focused on trying to soothe Clarice once again.

...

John grabbed Eira by the arm as he started for the stairs, "We need to talk."

The words were serious enough that Eira knew not to argue with him, that Clarice would hopefully be okay for a while longer without her hovering over the young woman. Her heart was racing as John guided her up the stairs to where Sonia was watching.

"I don't know how long Lauren can keep doing this, she's able to close them for now but I don't know how much longer she can keep that up." John told the two, his forehead creasing with concern.

Sonia gave him an incredulous look, bewilderment written clearly across her face as she shook her head, giving Eira a look that begged her to say something, knowing where John was going with this.

Once at the top of the stairs, John turned, "Look, the cops are gearing up. I heard them call in the SWAT team. Next time the portal opens, we may have a serious problem."

Eira scoffed, heat rushing through her body at the thought of a SWAT team rushing through headquarters, the place that had been her home before she was detained. "Johnny, we already have a serious problem. Claire is dying!" She whisper shouted, her voice cracking and scratchy. "We need to help her so we can make sure no more portals open."