Chapter Five

Tancred watched as her car pulled away, waving as it did so. She hasn't acted anything like this before. If she wasn't truly herself, she would have -no should have, been throwing herself at him and asking for protection. Who was this independent girl so unfamiliar to him? 

His heart twinged and he put his hand on his chest. Yes, he had hurt her before but was greatful that she couldn't remember. So much had changed though, why? Him just coming back shouldn't have done anything. He had taken every percaustion. Gripping his shirt, he realized it didn't matter, he needed to find Zeno before he caused the damage that.. no he wouldn't think about it. 

Standing up straight he pulled a necklace out from underneeth his shirt, it was Katheen's locket. It had a butterfly landing on a flower and he stared down on at it, "I will not let you die again," he murmered holding back tears.

Seriousness over took him and he looked around, "August 25, where would he be right now?" he asked himself, "Right, Town Square," responded to himself and started walking. If anything mattered right now, it was preventing Zeno from breaking Katheen in half like a tooth pick. 

In a flash, he was sitting on a bench looking around. There! Zeno was in the flower shop. Getting to his feet, he crossed the street full purpose; he was also careful to tuck the locket back under his shirt. Should anyone that new what the locket knew what the locket looked like, questions would be raised and they would force his hand. Too much blood was on his hands already. 

I'm sick of killing he thought to himself I just want her safe and sound in my arms, knowing that she's okay. The things that were becoming distant memories of dreams, which were and weren't good all at the same time. If he forgot everything that meant he had become one with this time line and less things would change.

Though, was scared him was that he might not end up with Katheen again. And he sure as hell wasn't gonna let that happen. Sometimes he got film cuts that were too real for him to handle and he would crumple to the ground as if in phyical agony. 

The bells of the flower shop rang and what he saw made him wanna empty everything that was in his stomach onto the floor. Zeno was making out with the flouriest, "You Bastard!" he shouted walking over to him. 

Zeno retrited from the woman's mouth and narrowed his eyes, "You." 

"Yes me! Didn't think I was here did you?! So you're the cause of all this, you're the cause of the ripple!" he growled prepairing for a duel. 

"I came back for her!" 

"We both know you only plan to manipulate her again," he said glancing at the flustered woman, "and obviously that cycle has already begun. You and I both know that you are unable to love a female." 

The male gritted his teeth and got out a dagger, "Are you challenging my honor, Jumper?" he spat. 

Tancred growled and reached inside his boot grabbing his own dagger, "I am challenging you," he growled, "I won't let you hurt her again you unforgiving Still Bone!" Where he came from, calling someone a still bone was one of the upmost insulting things to call a person. Still Bone meant that you couldn't move in time or space, you were quite litteraly a "Still Bone". Heaven forbid you call a girl that. 

"You take that back!" Zeno shouted lunging at him. Metal clashed as Tancred parried the thrust. 

"No, I won't, you came back to use Katheen again. I sure as hell am not allowing that and you know it," he growled through gritted teeth, "She knew the risk and because of you she took it and look where we are now! You caused a ripple and the timeline has changed! Molly isn't her friend anymore because of you!" 

Zeno roared on the top of his lungs, almost to the point Tancred's ears began to bleed, "Shut up! It's not my fault!" he jumped back and lunged at him again, this time going for his leg. His reflects weren't as good as they were before so when he jerk away, he actually jerked towards the blade cutting a wide gushing gash in his leg. 

"The sooner you admit your wronging the sooner you can repent!" 

"I haven't done anything wrong!" 

The two boys lashed at each other with a equal vengance, and would have gone to the death if it had not been for the sobs of the woman behind the counter.  Eventually, Tancred put down his weapon panting and growled, "If I find you near another female that is not Kathleen I will slit your throat," he said and limped out of the shop without saying anything more nor waiting for a response. 

His wound was throbbing madly. Damn it, how was he going to explain this tomorrow?