Prologue

"Please don't let me be the laughing stock of school. Again." I prayed silently to myself, and my goddess, as I walked up to the front door of the school. It's the first day of tenth grade. A year where you're supposed to be slightly tame vampire, preparing to enter the world of other adult vampires in just 3 short years but, news flash. I was apparently nowhere near ready for that. Due to the fact I'm the only human in my year. How fun...

   I pulled the front door open and hid my face as I quietly walked down the hall, clear from how quiet it got that mostly everyone's attention was on, you guessed it. Me.  I get bullied for my current humanness, not by everyone. But by enough people that it starts to sting after awhile. Eh, I'm used to it. I'm apparently late for everything.... I spotted the locker I've claimed as mine, and made an instant bee-line for it. Right there, there she was. My best friend on this whole planet. Elizabeth, or as I had proudly dubbed her way back in first grade, Lizzie. Even after she had become a vampire, Lizzie had remained my best friend. And that's all I could ask for.

   "Hey Liz." I say, an involuntary smile on my face. Her short, bouncy blonde curls just going everywhere as she almost literally bounced into my arms for a hug. "Vickie!" She squeals, taking in a deep breath. "Went with that peach scented shampoo today I see. Cody is going to just looovvee that." A look of disgust crosses my face as I sniff my hair. Lizzie was right. Peaches. "Would you quit doing that? It's weird."
"Nope." She replied with a smile. She watched me fumble with the picky lock for a second before glancing up, her eyes going wide. "Cindy and the bitch squad, o'eleven hundred." I heard, before getting shoved against my locker, Lizzie stepping in front of me. But it was already too late.

   "Well well, Elizabeth, if you want to hide, that, you're gonna want to do a hell of a better job than this. Hi Icky- oops, sorry, I mean Vicky." The bitch known as Cindy taunted. If I had to describe her voice; it would have to be a mix between the devil incarnate, and a high pitched voice a little girl gives to a barbie doll. There was a sharp jab on my shoulder, pulling me from my own inner dialog of imagining all the ways I could curse her out...
"Hey bitch, did you hear me? I said maybe you should drop dead now. Because it's clear you're not going to survive this year. The sound of your blood running through those veins is just driving us all mad." Cindy smirked. Her two friends, nodding in agreement with her. I look around, seeing how suddenly deserted the entire hall was. Did the bell ring and I just didn't notice? Doesn't matter. I've had enough of her taunting and making fun of me for something out of my control. I was going to walk away, but the words left before I had a chance to stop them

   "Atleast I'm not a dumb blonde who gets everything she wants by asking for it from daddy."

Ladies and gentlemen, I swear, sometime I believe i have a death wish.

A/N: And, this chapter is now re-written tell me what you think, did you like the original way it was written or do you like this way? Let me know.