Chapter 57: Change in the Aesha

Saturday September 6, 2020 - Atlanta, Georgia

Joe POV

9:30 AM

I've been up for about thirty minutes now, I've spent the last ten just watching my perfect girlfriend sleep. That's kind of creepy, I know, but here's the deal: I woke up to pee and she would usually get up and be awake waiting for me to come back and cuddle her, but she's been knocked out, snoring, 'cause ya boy put it down on her real good all day yesterday; so, I come back to bed and saw that she hadn't moved an inch, just snoring away, and I truly think she's the most beautiful creature I have ever laid my eyes on. You know how in the movies and TV shows when a character falls in love there'll be angels singing and a divine light from above and all that cheesy shit? Yeah, that's how I see Aesha, she's an angel, my beautiful chocolate angel and I can't imagine going back to a life without her, I honestly can't. All of these thoughts and feelings are why I have a jeweler on speed dial for when that moment comes.

Am I moving too fast? Will I scare her away? Moving too fast, maybe; scare her away, though? I hope not. The worst that could happen is her saying "no", which, everything considered, I would understand and wait for her to be ready; I, on the other hand, have been married before, I've gone through my years of dating and finding the right person and being engaged and wedding planning, even though it didn't last, I'm ready to be a husband again. I guess she and I are just at different places when it comes to that, but I'm willing to wait for her and it makes me feel really good to know she won't go anywhere, that she shows me her devotion and commitment with every kiss and touch and word.

How a bitch like Rufus ever pulled a queen like Aesha is beyond me and, after what he did to her sister...real talk, I may be looking at life in prison if I get to him before the cops do. I've stayed pretty solid but only because Aesha needs me to be, but I really want to break down with her. Granted, my brother wasn't murdered, but I know what it's like to suffer a loss that close to you so unexpectedly; I just want to hold her and cry with her because I can't just see the hurt in her eyes, I feel the pain in her heart too, I feel it in mine and as long as she's hurting, I am too.

That bastard's going to pay big time.

"You're such a creep."

I'm so lost in my thoughts that I haven't noticed her wake up. Then again, she didn't open her eyes, just started talking.

"How do you know I'm watching you?" I asked perplexed.
"I've caught you enough times to know you've made a habit out of it."

She rolls onto her back and stretches her short limbs out as far as they'll go before looking over at me and giving me a tired smirk. She's so cute.

"What's the plan for today, Big Dog?"
"Well, gym, lunch, fan meetup, live show, free for the night; tomorrow I've got press stuff and a photo shoot, then I'm free for the night. How 'boutchu? Wanna tag along?"
"Actually, I'd love to. I'm not gonna work out, though, 'cause I burned enough calories witcho ass yesterday; I'd love to do all that other stuff though, see how it all works."

I inch over closer to her to pull her to rest on my chest as I kiss her head.

"I'd love that, babygi—oops."
"What?"
"I just remembered you didn't want me to call you that; remember, you said that's what Fuckus always called you."

She lets out an amused laugh and sits up, the covers falling off of her and exposing her beautifully brown naked body.

"Lydia called me that first, but like everything else in my life, I let Rufus take the joy out of that, I even told her to stop saying it. Now, she's not here anymore to stay it, and that makes me sick 'cause I miss it. So, I don't mind you saying it anymore, it...comforts me now, and to be honest, I love the way it sounds coming from your mouth."