Chapter Two: Shanell

(Caine)

(Caine)

Shanell sat in her office taking calls and checking the books when her assistant knocked on her black office door.

"Ashanti, come in!" Shanell said putting down her blue ink pen.

"A gentlemen is here to see you." Ashanti spoke holding her clipboard.

"Let him in."

Shanell watched as a muscular black male walked through her door and unbuttoned his blue suit jacket before sitting down.

"What brings you here? I only have about twenty minutes before a staff meeting." Shanell calmly asked.

"The names, Caine Washington, I'm trying to start a new business. I thought you'd like to partner with me." Caine spoke swiftly.

Shanell cracked a smile, "Sir, What makes you think I'd work with a new business...when mine is already up and running."

"Because you need all the money and exposure you can get." His voice was authoritative and deep making Shanell squeeze her legs together.

"I don't need anything. It seems as if you need my business more than I need you. What is your business anyway?" Shanell turned her head a little bit.

She recognized him as one of Ricky's friends. He had out did himself with the make over. As if it impressed her because it didn't. Shanell could work with all kinds of people, rich or not, but one thing she didn't work with was pretenders.

"I'm trying to get another club running, just like you are. But I don't want any competition. I figured we'd be better working as a team. And plus, you've got the degrees and the money that I don't have." Caine responded making Shanell laugh.

Shanell studied him for a minute. She would need to meet him for lunch to see what he was about. The last time she saw him he looked run down. She wondered what happened.

"How about this. I have an open window at twelve noon. Meet me for lunch and we can continue this conversation." Shanell said shoving him her business card.

He smiled and gladly took the thin paper and stuffed it in his suit pocket. Standing up he left the office. Shanell sighed before going back to her documentation.

Later that day, Shanell and Caine sat in a fancy Italian restaurant on the other side of town. Shanell didn't mind sitting in a fancy restaurant but this is where Caine wanted to go.

"So you're a big baller, huh?" Shanell smirked drinking a glass of white wine staining the glass with her lipstick.

"Only for the right reasons. However, discussing the business. I want to be behind the scenes, you can be the face of the establishment. You can even run it your way. I just want a cut of the money." Caine proposed.

Shanell stuck her fork in her green Cesar salad and chewed slowly but loudly, making Caine a little uneasy. Sipping the last of her wine, Shanell smiled. She liked the idea of having a business partner.

"I'm flattered with your offer. But I don't do business with thugs." Shanell laid out two twenty dollar bills on the table before sashaying her way out of the restaurant.

Caine sat dumfounded. He didn't think she'd recognize him as on of Ricky's friends. He cursed under his breath. He watched Shanell leave and get into her fancy car. Shanell drove thinking about the offer that still stood on the table. 

Maybe she would take it. Maybe she wouldn't. But Caine wouldn't stop until he had Shanell wrapped around his finger. 

Author's Note: I know I've been gone! But I'm back and I know this chapter is trash but I needed to update.