*summary so far* part 1

READ THIS ONLY IF YOU WANT A RECAP OF THE STORY SO FAR. IF NOT, PLEASE IGNORE AND READ THE NEXT CHAPTER

Yo guys! I'm back again <3 And I missed you all so much! Oh by the way, you can expect super quick updates from now on!

As it's been months since I last updated, I thought I'd give you a quick summary of what's happened so far in the story. You can read it if you want to, or just skip to the next chapter i.e. chapter 30

Here we go...

CHARACTERS

     Vivian Castillo, the main character of the story, is a sixteen year old junior in Lakewood High, Lakewood, CA. She lives with her parents, an elder sister Gina, who's a senior at the same school and a nosy eight year old brother Eric.

     At the beginning of the story Vivian doesn't believe much in true love, but seeing her parents' PDA (her parents are super romantic), she secretly wishes she had a relationship like theirs, though she knows she'd never find the one for her. Vivian & her sister Gina are opposites in every aspect.

     While Vivian is a laid-back, studious girl, who likes to keep to herself and her small group of friends, Gina is more outgoing and a wild party girl. She drinks when she's partying and sometimes gets high. Vivian gets her out of trouble most of the time so that their parents don't find out anything. She's hot and has all the boys' attention.

     In school, Vivian's small group of friends consist of Tiffany and Shayna. Tiffany is Vivian's best friend. She's the one who understands Vivian the most. They've been best friends since kindergarten and Shayna started hanging out with them this year after she and Tiffany shared some classes and met.

     Shayna and Vivian are basically friends through Tiffany and aren't really fond of each other, but do get along okay, except when Shayna who's fashion forward criticizes Vivian for her poor choice of fashion. Vivian low-key feels overshadowed by the three of them, but doesn't mind it much. It's like no guy would ever look at her when she's in the company of her sister or her friends.

     Vivian is also good friends with Tiffany's boyfriend Nate, who goes to the same school. Tiffany and Nate are in a serious relationship but fight over petty things. Shayna's boyfriend is Caleb who goes to another school across town.

     Derek is Nate's best friend and is in Vivian's Calculus class. Though Vivian and Derek have common friends (Nate and Tiffany) , they've never talked before. She sits in the front rows and he sits in the last row.

     In her AP classes, Vivian has another friend Olive, who's as nerdy as a person can get. She gets bullied by another girl in their class, Suzy, who makes Olive do her assignments. When Vivian tries to defend Olive, Suzy starts making mean comments about Vivian too. Suzy is the school's bully.

CHAPTERS 1 through 12

     A guy in school, Brent (desperate stalker dude) starts flirting with Tiffany and tries to ask her out even though he knows she's dating Nate. Tiffany is annoyed and fed up with all the unwanted attention and stalkerish vibes from Brent and decides to teach him a lesson.

     She and Vivian prank call him and set up a date with him. He readily agrees and comes to the decided place, but turns out he got stood up by his *fake* date. Vivian was the one who called him because she's good at impersonating voices. The next day, Tiffany tells about the prank call to Shayna and Vivian doesn't like that Shayna knows. Because Shayna is a huge gossiper and can never keep a secret to herself. But Shayna promises she won't tell anyone about it.

     Tiffany and her boyfriend Nate have a fight because Nate is still in contact with Carla (his ex) who still likes him. But Nate is committed to Tiffany. Though Nate tells everything to Tiffany, she still doubts him (she gets real jealous) & wants to test him.

     She tells Vivian to impersonate Carla and talk to Nate. Vivian is reluctant because she trusts Nate and feels it's not fair. But she gives in to Tiffany in the end and flirts with Nate on the phone pretending to be Carla. Nate brushes her off and Tiffany is relieved.

     Nate later finds out it wasn't Carla and Tiffany tells everything to Shayna. Shayna tells Vivian to keep calling Nate so he doesn't think it was Tiffany pretending to be Carla.

     One day after school, Vivian is sitting on the school steps waiting for Tiffany and Shayna when she gets a message from Nate saying he knows it was Vivian all along. She's shocked and apologizes to him but he isn't offended and takes it as a joke. Vivian is relieved. Vivian is standing in the parking lot wondering how Nate found out it was her, when a speeding car comes right towards Vivian. She's shocked and glued to the spot and the car stops right in front of her, inches away from collision.

     Vivian is angry at the driver and begins to give him an earful. Then she sees that the guy in the car is Derek. In a very condescending tone, he asks Vivian to stop calling Nate. Vivian is spell bound and doesn't say anything. Without waiting for her reply, he speeds off in his car just the way he came.

     Vivian is scared and shocked and angry. She thinks Derek hates her for some reason because a few days ago, when she was late to Calculus class and had to copy a question, she borrowed Derek's notebook and a letter fell out from it. Derk got real angry and snatched back his notebook and the letter from her, and yelled at her for taking his notebook without asking. Vivian is pissed at his unnecessary over-reaction and thinks he's demented.

     And now, the car incident happened. Vivian is convinced Derek has some vendetta against her. Because there's no reason for him to act this way about something that doesn't even concern him. Nate didn't mind the prank call at all.

     As Vivian suspected, it was Shayna who told Derek that it was Vivian calling Nate. Derek told it to Nate. Shayna conveniently left out the part where Tiffany asked her to call in the first place and how Shayna asked Vivian to continue calling him. Now Nate and Derek think it was just Vivian.

     Tiffany tells Vivian that Derek was just messing around with Vivian and he isn't scary at all. He was pranking her like she pranked Nate. But Vivian is not convinced and still hates Derek.

cont'd