Chapter 15

"Mr. Worthington we've arrived."

I'm exhausted. I slept for maybe 4 hours. The entire time I was thinking about Victoria and if she was okay. How come she never told me about her parents? How would I have looked if I brought them up at Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving..do I even want to go anymore. Why doesn't she just invite mark?

I exited the plane and walked towards my chauffeur who handed me a box.

"Good Morning Mr. Worthington I was given instruction from Ms. Smith to give this to you."

I took the box and nodded slowly. What did she do this time? He opened my door and I slid inside wanting privacy while I opened it. It was a book called ready player one. I remember her telling me about it and saying she wanted me to read it so we can discuss it. Fantasy really isn't my thing but perhaps ill try it out just this once. My phone buzzed and I sighed at the name on the screen.

"Mother hello." I was not excited about dealing with her and Catherine.

"James, I want to do lunch at Coya will you be able to make it?"

I internally groaned knowing this wasn't going to be an enjoyable lunch.

"Mother my flight just landed and I needed to rest and freshen up."

"I haven't seen you all year, you can't make time for lunch?"

I sighed and looked at my watch. 9:30am and we still haven't made it to the hotel.

"Sure mother I'll be there."

"Wonderful darling! I'll see you than please dress accordingly."

Like she needed to tell me that. I looked through my contacts and came upon Victoria's name. I wanted to call her but she was 11hrs behind. I decided to text her thanking her for the book and in flight food. I pressed send and closed my eyes deciding to try and relax. Soon my phone started to buzz again making me curse. I looked at the screen expecting to see my mothers name. I froze when it said victoria. I swallowed the lump in my throat and answered.

"Victoria?"

"A text James really? I've been waiting on your call and you send me a text."

I couldn't hold it in. I started laughing. She was exceptional. I was so nervous about talking to her and here she was angry that I sent her a text.

"I see nothing funny about this!"

Yet I could hear the smile in her voice. That lovely voice.

"I'm sorry please forgive me, I just figured you would be asleep. I heard about what happened I wanted to come back."

I didn't feel like holding back my true feelings. I was too far away. I wanted her to know I cared.

"I'm fine, please don't be overbearing like mark."

Mark. I can't stand him.

"I heard he was being your nurse, is he changing your sheets and making you meals?"

She laughed causing me to smile.

"He left a few hours ago but yes he has done all of that and more...I just don't want to dwell on it."

Her parents passed away, so situations like this probably bother her.

"Are you prepared for your trip? Are your presentations ready and your client?"

I wanted to change the subject. I wanted her to laugh again.

"Yes everything is in order. we leave tomorrow evening, you should see my new outfit."

"I'm sure you look gorgeous."

I realized what I said and stopped breathing. She was quiet as well. What am I doing?

"I miss you James, I can literally see your stunned and rigid face right now."

I still couldn't speak. She knows me too well.

"Thank you for the compliment."

Before I could reply my chauffeur opened my door.

"Sir we've arrived."

"James take pictures and bring me back a souvenir, I'll make sure to email you how everything goes with the client. Have a successful trip."

I didn't want to end the conversation like this so I let the word vomit spill out.

"Take pictures of your outfit and I'll be reading this book you sent so we can discuss it over turkey and sweet potato pie."

She giggled and said sure thing James. I hung up and looked at my chauffeur who was smiling at me.

"What?" I said confused to why he was looking at me in such an odd way.

"Ms. Smith is a lovely young lady."

I got out of the car and walked into the hotel smiling to myself.

Yes she is.

A/N I'm back! forgive me!! I'll be updating all week!!!