The Green Ribbon

Once there was a girl who always wore a green ribbon around her neck.

There was a boy who liked her, and she, in turn, liked the boy. But he was curious.

"Why do you wear that green ribbon around your neck?" he asked

"I cannot tell you" she said.

"But why not?" the boy insisted.

"It's not important" said the girl.

The boy and the girl grew up, and were married.

After the wedding the boy said "Now that we are married you must tell me about the green ribbon."

But the girl said, "No, I will tell you when the time is right."

And the boy sighed heavily.

"What?" said the girl.

"Nothing" the boy replied.

"It's obviously not nothing" said the girl.

"It's just that I feel like you don't communicate with me," said the boy.

"Oh come on," said the girl, "Name three things I don't communicate about."

"The green ribbon," said the boy, "other things I can't think of right now."

"You always do this, you try to take one small thing and pretend like it's a recurring problem. Just because I don't talk about the green ribbon doesn't mean I 'don't communicate' in general," said the girl.

"Don't turn this around on me. You're the one who's being weirdly secretive about the ribbon," said the boy.

"What's the big deal? I just like it," said the girl.

"You won't even take it off when we have sex," said the boy.

"You're going to bring our sex life into it now?" said the girl.

"I'm just saying I don't know what's going on in your head. Are you sensitive about the way your neck looks. Is it a body issue thing?" asked the boy

"Oh, fuck you. I'm PERFECTLY comfortable with my body, and I don't need you telling me I shouldn't be," said the girl

"That's not what I meant," said the boy.

"Then why don't you say what you mean," said the girl.

"I AM SAYING IT! I want to know why you wear that ribbon!" said the boy.

"WHO CARES?! It's just a thing I do. It's a fun affectation," said the girl.

The boy rolled his eyes.

"What?" said the girl.

"Nevermind. I'll tell you when the time is right," parroted the boy.

"Fuck you," said the girl.

"Fuck YOU! See how it feels?"

"I don't want to do this," said the girl.

"Fine by me," said the boy, "let's go to bed."

"No," said the girl, "THIS. I don't think this is working out. I want a divorce."

And then their marriage DIED BECAUSE OF MEANINGLESS BULLSHIT!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!