7. Payback

A/N: I'm back!! I don't remember a lot of the plot from divergent so probably from this point it's going to be a lot different from the movies and books? I'm trying my best. I've read all your guys comments. Thank you so much for the continued support and the exposure of my lies from the last authors note to make me push myself to continue this. Enjoy! Also, I'm going to be going through and editing mistakes on the other chapters so if they update that's why.

You woke up with a groan as someone shook you. You recognized the face as Al when your vision became clear. He was kneeling next to you and Will was standing next to him.
"Morning sunshine. Don't you just glow in the morning." Will said with a chuckle.
"Leave her alone it's early." Al said rolling his eyes at Will seeming to be more protective over you than usual.
"What's going on? Why are you waking me up so early?" You groaned and stretched out your arms and legs, pulling yourself to get out of the stiff bed.
"It's not that early (Y/N). They're doing something new today and want us out there so come on. Last one there is factionless." Will smirked and went to check on how Tris was doing with waking up Christina.
"Ha ha very funny Will." You rolled your eyes not in the mood for his jokes.
"You might want to take him more seriously (Y/N). At your rate, that's a very high possibility." Peter smirked at you.
"You would just love that now wouldn't you?" You slipped into your clothes ignoring his smirk. Changing in front of people didn't matter to you anymore, they saw everything already, but Al's face still managed to turn bright red when you took off your pants right in front of him.
"Leave her alone Peter. She's not going to be factionless." Al stood up and glared at Peter. He was a little sick of Peter in general and the new relationship he thought you and him were forming was a push to protect you. Peter noticed Al's blushing face and was not happy about it. His goons behind him expected him to show who's boss and then walk out smirking, but not this time. Peter wasn't letting little Al out of this one.
"The only way she's not factionless is because you'll be taking her place." Peter moved over to Al and stepped in front of him challenging him to fight back. Al was no match for Peter verbally and physically and everyone including you knew that. Peter usually didn't care enough to spend his time on Al, but this morning was different. He was sick of Al blushing over you like he actually meant something to you. He did, as a friend, but to Peter he was nothing in the world of you and him.
"I'm not going to be factionless either. You're just stupid Peter, your ego is bigger than this whole room and I'm sick of you picking on my friends." Al flared his nostrils and puffed his chest even though everyone could see, he was terrified. The whole room stopped what they were doing to see the soon to be fight between the built Peter and shy Al. You were nervous. This wasn't going to be good.
"Awe isn't that cute. You don't like me picking on your friends or you don't like me picking on your dream girlfriend?" Peter spit the world girlfriend like it was venom. Al was cute but the idea of you being in a romantic relationship wasn't something you dreamed about. You didn't think Al did either but maybe your shameless flirting wasn't the best move. It sure did work on Peter though. His eyes dared Al to throw the first punch and he did. Al was predictable and Peter dodged it like it was nothing. Peters fist quickly came into contact with Al's jaw and Al fell to the ground.
"Peter stop! That's enough." You grabbed onto Peter's arm like you were holding him back, but he had no intention of hitting Al again. He got what he wanted. The rest of your friends crouched around Al and soon Four came storming in the room.
"What's going on initiates?" He looked around the room and when he saw Al on the ground he narrowed his eyes. "Someone take him to the infirmary and the rest of you hurry up and get out here." Will picked Al up volunteering to take Al but not before Peter whispered a small set of words into Al's ear.
"By the way...keep looking at what's mine and they'll be a lot more of those." Peter smirked leaving with his goons as Molly swooned over his 'strength' and 'bravery'. You said a last goodbye to Al as you, Christina, and Tris moved to where the rest of the initiates were going. Will came a few minutes later and squeezed himself between you and Christina. Their hands mingled together obviously wanting to grab each other. You gave Will an encouraging nudge and finally he grabbed hers. Christina smiled at him from the side and you smiled at both of them.
When Eric and Four we're finally finished talking everyone was able to go to breakfast. They explained the next part of training which was going to be fear simulators. It was kind of like your aptitude test which worried you, if you were inconclusive in those tests what were fear simulators going to be like? Al was okay and returned about half way through breakfast. Your friends and you each gave him something from your plates as there wasn't much left. Your attention went to Peter at the other table and when you looked over it seemed like he had been looking for your attention for a while. He mouthed the words, we need to talk, and you nodded your head. You excused yourself from your friends, them not paying much attention as they insulted the boy you were going to go meet for hurting Al. You went into a hallway and as you turned the corner a strong arm pulled you into him. You took a step back.
"What is it now Peter?" You crosses your arms and acted like you were annoyed with him which you should be, he punched your friend, but something in you challenged that wouldn't let you.
"What you don't like our hallway talks anymore? You seemed to like it when we were about to-" you stopped him there.
"Peter you just beat up one of my good friends here I'm not exactly in the mood."
"Your good friend was getting a little to friendly for my liking. I get you flirted with him once or twice but he needs to know where he stands and that's not with you." Peter stepped closer touching your arm.
"I don't care how friendly he was getting, you don't decide that. I decide who I'm with and considering you won't even kiss me in public it's not yo-" Peters lips were on yours before you could finish the sentence. His hands found your waist and pulled you into him. It was shocking but eventually you relaxed into it. Your arms reached around his neck and your fingers found your way into his hair. This was what you've been waiting for. He pulled away and smirked at you.
"Was that public enough for you?" He walked back into the cafeteria confidently. Yes, it was public enough...at least for now.