II

He woke up to a terrible headache, he sighted sinking into the pillow that cushioned his head then tried to turn his focus to the patterns on the ceiling,he was now regretting the inhuman amounts of suju he had the night before with his friends.

he hated being hangover but turning down his friends wasn't something he was good at,They drank too much everytime and by the end of the night
he was the only one who could remember his name he knew it was an issue, but it was one of those issues in this life that he wasn't planning on fixing anytime soon.

He rubbed his eyes and stretched like an old cat ,his face felt numb he got up and walked towards the bathroom his body shivering as his feet touched the cold ground.

After a warm shower , hair still wet and a towel around his neck he headed to the kitchen eyes shut lips pressed together he stood in front of  the fridge wishing to find at least one edible item before finally oppening it, unfortunately  the only thing he had left was cheese and a bottle of water  rotting cheese to be exact ,actually he was pretty sure it was going to turn into some other creature very soon , that was part of the reason why didnt throw it out .

"i need to go grocery shopping "he nodded in agreement with his own thoughts, he slammed the fridge shut a little too hard then practically ran back to his room throwing himself back on the bed.

He was grumpy he needed his breakfast and by breakfast he meant "coffe" ,his dependence on caffeine was also one of his issues but he wasn't going to fix that any time soon either .

He sat up on the bed  ,it was 8:30 and he decided to text jacob ,he was pleased with one thing though ,he and jacob could eat while hangover and not worry about throwing  up so he unsecured his phone drawing an unbelievably complicated pattern
(Not that there was anything to secure in the first place) and dialed his friend's  number.

On his way out He winked at himself in the mirror hanging by the entrance grinning like an idiot,He carefully and quickly pated his cat on the head and ran out the front door .

the cat was asleep and did not open its eyes or move ,his cat actually hated his gut (that is what he believed ) it would always scratch him and bite whenever he tried to touch it ,but there  was no way he could give it away  now ,it was old and mean ,and he also believed that it was his fault for taking it away from its mother at a very young age (2month)  he at first had fun giving it baths brushing its fluffy hair and making it drink milk using a  syringe ,but as the cat grew older it stated to develop a certain  character ,a nasty one ,and he did not know how to dael with it so he just let it be.

it took him a few seconds at the entrance of the building  to get over the cold wind that slaped him in the face as soon as the glass door slided open ,he pressed his lips together ,threw both his arms in the air and whispere yelled
(what a beautiful day !) while prolonging the "day " word  in excitement  ,he opend his eyes smiling and it started pouring ,the smile on his face fell.

"Huh !great indeed! " he mumbled .

When he got to the coffee shop jacob was already at their usual table with two cups of cafe au lait and two slices of blueberry pie elegantly presented on pretty flower patterned china .

He waved at his friend smiling lightly and trying to ignore his throbbing head ,his coffe was calling , he was walking towards his friend when his eyes suddenly fell on a girl crouched over a book ,staring at  a few red drops on the page ,he quickly took a tissue out of his coat's  pocket pulled the girl's head back and pressed it careful onto her nose ,the fabric was turning darker so he pressed a little  tighter to stop the bleeding ,he felt the girl struggling to escape his grip so he pushed her fringe back looking into her eyes and asked her not to move .

the girl's eyes grew wide and confused, her eyes were of a colorless green ,and her skin felt solf and cold against his ,actually she was extremely cold , and pale ,not the pretty pale he was used to seeing  on a few girls around him it was a bluish pale, a color he would associate to illness or death ,or the girls in ghost movies he loved to watch with jacob on Friday nights .

maybe it was the dark circles around her eyes tha made her look the way she did ,she was  looking  back at him but at the same time she wasn't ,he suddenly felt an awkward twist in his stomach and the longer he stared into her eyes the stronger the  feeling grew as if he were looking at something he shouldn't look at.