{4}

Edited: 5-16-19

Jimin's POV: 21 August, 2035

I walked around the outside of the building, securing the perimeters. It was a part of my nightly rounds. Having night vision is a real help, not like that's a special ability. We all have it. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Bushes. Trees. Flowers. It was the same.

I made my way to the front door and was about to step inside, until I noticed some rustling in the bushes. A small beeping noise accompanied the rustling. Normally, I wouldn't dare go in without backup, but I'm not sure I have the time or the resources to wait.

Instinct told me to run toward the bushes and search, and that's what I did. I tapped my ear and spoke.

"I need backup preferably anyone from Alpha Unit or Beta- Dammit." I groaned in the realisation that I left my intercom in my room.

"Fuck everything." I ran back to the door of the building and shouted. "I need backup agents from Alpha or Beta Unit, report to the outside perimeter!" I slammed the door shut and listened intently for more noises. I ran around the building, hoping to find a trace of something.

"What is it?" Jungkook came up to me. Behind him was, Jackson, Jaebum, and Hoseok. Jackson and Jungkook had small balls of fire in the palms of their hands to serve as a light source, turning my night vision off automatically.

"I heard something... someone in the bushes." I said, staring intently into the forrest surrounding us.

"Could it have been an animal?" Jackson asked.

"Do animals make almost inaudible beeping. noises? I don't think it was an animal." I said and ran a lap around the building. I stopped in my tracks and noticed a pair of glowing eyes staring at me from the bushes. I didn't dare move. Instead, a small wispy cloud of air surrounded my hands. I wouldn't use my other elements because it would form a bright light. I didn't want that.

The others found me and stood by my side. I concentrated and used all the force I had to trap the thing that owns the pair of glowing eyes with manipulated air.

"I almost too easy..." I mumbled, as I dragged the thing towards me. "What the hell is this..." I asked, now holding the object in my hands.

The beeping became louder and quicker. Everyone's faces suddenly became aware of what was happening. I was still confused.

"Fuck, Jimin destroy it!" Jungkook said.

In a split second, I sent a pillar of fire from the palm of my hands to destroy the object. Ashes fell from the sky. The air smelt of burnt metal.

I stared into the forrest, wondering what else could be out there.

"You think the Crypt put a bomb inside of a camera?" Mr. Yi said. We sat the in the discussion room to report our findings.

"I knew I heard something while doing my nightly perimeter check. I left my intercom in my bedroom, so I couldn't contact help quickly as I had hoped." I sighed. "Whoever planted this camera bomb may have gotten away..."

The boss sighed.

"That's alright just... I don't know what you guys want me to make of this. You dared went on the nightly periminters without an intercom? I thought you were more professional than this, Jimin." The boss crossed his arms and stared at us blankly.

"Well..." Jungkook stood up. "We need to have twenty-four hour security. Have at least... one unit securing the outside perimeters every night starting now. We can alternate each night."

"Seems reasonable." Mr. Yi said. He seemed tired and overworked. It didn't seem like he cared too much, but I knew he did. If we're being spied on, this isn't something that can be ignored.

"I think we should check the rooms, all of them for cameras and other devices that aren't our own. Anyone can be at risk and we wouldn't know it. Jimin, you especially need to check your room, considering you were on your rounds and your room wasn't protected." Jaebum proposed. I nodded. It was a good idea. Who knows what other devices could be laying around this place?

"If you find anything don't destroy it. We can use it to possibly identify what exactly put them here and maybe find out what our response should be." Jackson said, the rest of us agreed.

"The Alpha Unit can scout tonight... may I request the energy drinks for our elements?" Jungkook said. The boss replied with a nod.

"Can I get the energy drinks for the memebers of the Alpha Unit?" Mr. Yi spoke into his intercom.

After a few seconds of silence, a lady secretary came in with packets of powder and water bottles. She set them on the table, bowed, and exited the room.

"Alpha Unit report to the discussion chambers." Jungkook said into his intercom. "And someone get Jimin on the coms." He looked at me annoyed and I smiled sheepishly.

After explaining the situation to the rest of the Alpha members, we went outside and stood guard. I had my water bottle in my hand with powder packets for every element. If I was a normal Solitary, I would use one full packet of my element, but since I'm a Variant, I have to use half of each packet. These packets don't just supply us with energy, they also enhance our abilities.

"I hate having to stand guard, why can't the Crypt leave us alone?" Taehyung, our Sky Solitary said.

"Taehyung, in a world of life or death, our enemies will never leave us alone." Yoongi rolled his eyes.

I paced nervously back and forth. Hopefully, the bomb was just a fling and there are no more surprises for us tonight.

"So how do you like being a part of the Alpha Unit?" Namjoon, our Earth Solitary asked.

"It's.. alright I guess. I didn't expect to be on night guard this early in my joining." I chuckled. I returned my gaze to the outside world. We couldn't be too distracted. Nothing can leave our sight.

"Crazy things like this happen, you know?" Namjoon sighed and I hummed in response.

"Hey you were in the meeting room coming up with plans for the mission weren't you?"

I looked at him shock. How'd he know I was in there?

"I was..."

"Did you guys come up with a plan? How do we infiltrate?" Namjoon asked.

"I can't talk about it here... God knows who's listening in right now-"

"Jimin, it's just us."

"But we don't know that! Why do you need to know now anyway? You'll find out later won't you?" I said, my voice a bit louder than I needed it to be.

I turned away from Namjoon and continued keeping guard.

This is gonna be a long night...