Chpt 19 : Lucky Betty's POV

I had so many emotions going on. Part of it was probably the hormones but the other part was my endless roller coaster of sadness. I had just tried to kill myself. Thankfully jughead saved my life and made me realize how much I need jughead and also, that I still wanted to live.

I had fallen asleep on my bed with Jughead's arms wrapped around me and with my face nuzzled perfectly into his body. I woke up and said "Jug" he looked at me and smiled. "How long was I asleep for?" I asked him. He laughed and said "2 hours. You needed the rest though," this time was now more serious, "Do you want to talk about what happened?"

I didn't really want to talk about what happens but I really needed to. I was so thankful to have jughead here. "I- I don't know." I said softly. I was to shy to tell him I was pregnant and that I was raped. I knew that jughead would support me though, I was just to shy. "Betty I think you need to talk. You're obviously in a lot of pain, and you need some help." Jughead said.

His eyes looked into mine with a painful, sympathetic look on my face. "I want to tell you everything, I just don't know how to say it." I told him. Jughead tucked the hair in my face behind my ear and said "why won't we make it as easy as possible for you. You tell me something, and I respond. I will hear you out no matter what Betty and I promise whatever you say I will help you through. You and me together." That sounded easy to do.

"You promise me jughead?" I asked. I wanted to make sure because what I was about to say was pretty intense. I also didn't want him to freak out that I'm pregnant with Chuck's baby. I was so sad that my first child wasn't with jughead and I knew he would feel the same way. "I promise Betty." He said and patted my back softly. "Ok. I'll start with something you kind of already know. My parents beat me. But what makes me sadder about it is that they beat me whenever I hang out with you." I told him. "Ok. I hear that. Next thing?" He asked.

The next thing I could think of was that I was raped. My eyes started getting watery. "I.. I—I was." I said and my voice cracked. I was about to cry but Jughead comforted me saying " Shhhh shh Betts it's ok you're alright. Take it slow. I promise it will be ok." I took in a deep breath then by my surprise I said it. I said "Chuck raped me." I started sobbing and I placed my head on Jughead's chest and he stroked my hair. "Betty I'm really sorry. Is there anything else?" Obviously there was something else but I was so afraid to say it

I nodded my head to answer his question. I was so scared to tell him that I was pregnant. I knew I had to tell him though. "Jughead please don't be to mad or disappointed ok?" I asked. He nodded his head and stroked my hair. "I'm pregnant. With Chucks baby from when he raped me." I lost it there again. I put a hand on my stomach and one around jughead. Jughead sighed and pulled me into a tight hug. "Betty I swear on my life I will never let anything this horrible happen to you ever again. I'm sorry." He said. He sounded ashamed.

It felt so good to finally tell someone about how I was asulted and now pregnant. "I will do everything to protect you and your baby. Even if it's not my baby it still is yours, which means I need to help you with it." He said. I couldn't believe how supportive and accepting he was being. He placed his hand on my stomach. "Thank you jughead" I said in between sobs "I love you. So much. I can't imagine life without you." I was crying still but I heard jughead say "I love you too. And calm down. Everything will be ok. Maybe take another nap or something. I'll stay right here."

    I was honestly so tired still. I guess being pregnant and ranting is a combination that makes you exhausted. "Wait jughead will you stay with me?" I asked. I was really anxious and I wanted jughead with me. "Im going to stay here Betty don't worry. I'm just going to take off my jacket" he explained. He took off his jacket and revealed his muscular arms. I tucked my head into his armpit and slept on his muscular arms. I was so lucky to have jughead.