Claustrophobia

8:00 A.M.

Blake stood still after the incident. She tried to absorb what just happened. 

Did he just call me by my first name? Am I hallucinating? 

And the rapid beating of her heart started again. She no longer knows if it was due to the stress she was having because of her irrational fear of confined places or it was due to the natural high she got hearing her name on his lips. 

She was claustrophobic!

And it dawn on her that she was still trapped inside the lift...with his boss! She was so absorbed by her thoughts that she had not noticed her boss talking on his cellphone.

Due to fatigue, Blake didn't notice that she was already slumping against the walls of the elevator. She no longer cared what she'd look like on the floor. She was too weak to even think. Tears were silently rolling down her cheeks and she was trembling so badly.

"Yeah. So what's the update on this! It's taking longer than it should! This is ridiculous! No, no, no! Try calling the electric company or check with utility fo--Hello?!"

The call got disconnected due to lack of signal and the only light shining upon them was that of the emergency light inside the lift.

Mr. Armstrong tried to dial home. "Honey, how are you? I'm trapped inside the elevator...No, I'm fine. No, not alone. I'm with--He-Hello Hon?" and it got cut off completely. 

"Dammit!" He kicked the walls of the elevator which caused Blake to jolt. She was sobbing uncontrollably and was trying her cellphone as well.

"C'mmon please...work for me please!" she talked to her cellphone as if she was talking to someone.

She finally gave up.

Mr. Armstrong finally settled on the floor as well. He rested his head on his arms that were settling on top of his knees.  He sighed heavily.

When he looked up, he felt pure pity seeing Blake's tear-drenched cheeks on the mirrored  door in front of them, her mascara smudging all over.

He reached over and wiped it using his thumb. He then took out his hankie and handed it over to  her. She took it without hesitation as it was her chance to tidy up her face a bit.

It was getting warmer and she feels that the air is getting more saturated so she calmed herself and started breathing slowly until it went back to normal.