a really sappy note seemingly out of nowhere

hey all!

you're probably quaking in your boots because... holy shit... is that... an update?  but you're definitely not shocked to find out it isn't.  or you're not shocked at all and you have no opinions on this because you forgot it was even in your library which... wow me.

i felt it was time to finally say what everybody has been thinking... adley and barry's story is over and i think a true, wholly transparent timeline is in order.

though i may have acted like something else was the truth, i started wanderess in 2014.  it was one of two flash fanfics on this app when i started and i don't say that as a bragging point i say that as an excuse.  i've always been the type of person to write stories for characters when i can't find anymore that others have written, and that was the case for wanderess.

in 2014... i was thirteen years old.  you guys can do the math.  

i was a child, writing a character that was not a child and was in fact very different from but at the same time very similar to me.  she wasn't real and she wasn't really believable and everything that happened to her was so tragically dramatic, but i loved her, and i can honestly, truly understand why all of you fell in love too.  

the quality of writing in this story is not something i'm entirely proud of, because in all honesty it's hit or miss.  that's what happens when you're thirteen and suddenly you've got over 1,000 people reading a story you only started writing for yourself.  and at first i almost deleted it because i was embarrassed.  and i'm so glad i didn't.

even though i've been entirely absent for almost a year now, i still read every comment i get, and according to wattpad that's somewhere around 100 a day.  i look back and read old comments, and every time i'm tempted to respond, but i was so scared that if i did i would feel this pressure to write another chapter for a story that was no longer me.

i still read fanfiction... all the time.  i read imagines and watch and love the dctv shows (except for arrow because what the hell happened with that.  and really?  the flash is just gonna... not give wally any screentime when he is the BEST period CHARACTER period EVER period). (i wrote this before he moved to legends... thank god btw for that... but the point still stands). in a lot of ways, i haven't really changed but this story hasn't been me for a long time, and writing a story with the pressure to constantly bring out new parts to it has never really been me.

so really what this is, is a public statement that this is the end of an era.  you guys deserved some sort of conclusion, but i didn't want to give you anything fake or cop-out-esque like killing off adley because you guys definitely don't deserve that.  all your comments and messages mean the world to me and in a lot of ways helped me become a much better writer and a better person.

you all mean the world to me, even if we don't know each other.

while i can't promise i'll be writing again anytime soon, i definitely continue to write shitty fanfictions just for myself when i can't find any other ones, and maybe one day i'll write something that is deserving of all of you.  (i came up with a really cool character for the flash universe i just don't know if i'm ever going to write it... oops did i say that out loud?).

i want to thank you all again, for growing with me, growing with adley, and for helping me in all of this weird teenage transitioning business.  even if you didn't think you did, you all helped me become the person i am, and i don't know what my life would be like without this account and you guys behind your screens at home.

if you've read this far, just know that you were instrumental in helping me become who i am today, and that you play as much of a part in developing the stories you love as the writers do.

thank you all, so much, and when i write something new, you all will be the first to know.

xx maggie