-1-

Diane had probably slept through the Trojan war again.

It had been the first time since Theo had banned her from going to the Trojan war without him. But of course, she was in the Trojan war, without him. She had slept through the Greeks getting inside Troy with their stupid horse, which the Trojans were specifically told not to take.

That's right, history lesson folks. The Trojans were not "gifted" the horse, they were told not to steal the horse. And like total idiots, they immediately stole it. So there she was, sitting in the custom Troy outfit that Theo had given her the last time she was here. The edges were slightly torn but that wasn't noticeable to the untrained eye.

Diane headed out of the small shack and climbed up to the top of the marble building that was about 100 feet away from the carnage that was about to happen. Pickpocketing a small snack, she eats it happily. In the very corner of her eye, she sees a girl with fair hair and an almost ethereal glow. She was clothed in a long dress, white and distinctly modern looking. Refusing to get distracted, Diane faced forward with a single goal in her mind.

She stares at the horse, standing in the middle of Troy seconds from disaster. The latch on the bottom of the horse opens spilling out hundreds of Greeks. They overrun the area, killing on sight hundreds more. She watches, slipping the snack in her mouth. The center has covered itself in a fire, burning the houses and shops near it to the ground. The men who were celebrating their victory over the Greeks are herded out like sheep and were slaughtered. She watches the bloody battle, as she has before with the interest of a man watching a trainwreck.

Diane continues to nibble on the remainder of her food as she watched the Greeks and Trojans destroy each other. She was awfully calm despite the gruesomeness of the scene. Though, the fact that she's been in this position more than a couple times explains her unusual calmness.

After an hour of endless sparring, Diane was bored, but before she could even think about traveling back to her time, Theo appeared in front of her. His fiery red hair in shambles which told her all she needed to know about how he was going to act.

"BITCH!" Theo spat out,"I fucking told you not to come back here on your own."

"I-" Diane tried to quickly forge an excuse, but Theo grabbed her wrist and dragged her back to the year of 2019.

To Diane, the Trojan war was much more chill than the year they lived in, which made absolutely no sense to Theo.

The brunette was quickly left at the doorstep of her two-story house, while the boy that dropped her off immediately left. Diane's mother loved giving hugs, and Theo was not a fan. Diane watched as the Theo trudged across the lawn and into his own house. As he stepped in, Diane's eyes wandered back to the door in front of her. She raised her hand up to the door but stopped halfway when she realized that she was still wearing the clothes from Troy. She winced at the thought of her mother finding her on the doorstep, in a tunic and not finishing her homework.

Diane didn't have any spare clothes, so instead, she climbed up her window and squeezed herself in, shutting the glass silently. Or at least what she wished was silent.

She changed her clothes as fast as she could and headed to her desk where her five thousand word essay was sitting decidedly not finished. She sighed into her palm, readying herself to finish this essay. Then the door to her room crashed open, in tumbling her sister.

"Where the hell were you, you dick?" She says, immediately flopping on Diane's bed.

"Troy," she replied. She typed a few more empty words into her laptop. That would probably score her vocabulary points. Her sister groaned obnoxiously.