I. OLD WAYS AND NEW DAYS

BARRY HAD DISTINCT MEMORIES OF his sister, Isabella. Though he lost her at a young age, there were still things that he remembered and could tell in the most vivid detail.

          Some memories were small like how Isabella adored tiramisu but despised coffee or how she always painted her nails that one shade of red before it went off the market. Others were more extensive. There was that one time Isabella wanted to get up and sing at her mom's friend's baby shower while a professional band was playing and had to get security called on her. There was also that one day where their mom wouldn't let Barry eat the brownies that Isabella needed for her school bake sale. That same day, Isabella left a piece for him on his nightstand. But the strongest was the night he first heard his sister sing.

          She had been performing in her school's choir since she started in the fifth grade but she hadn't ever gotten anything more than a word or two by herself. But when she got to high school, there was a whole different world of opportunities set in place for her.

          On the night of their spring concert, Barry saw his older sister- who was only a freshman at the time- sing her heart out to Cyndi Lauper's True Colors. Seeing her up there, so happy and free to do as she loved was what made it one of his fondest memories of Isabella... Yet even a memory as sweet as such had a few ripples from ages of disconnection.

          Barry swore that all of these fantastic memories would've stopped that day she went missing if he hadn't been proved wrong the day he went to Earth 2.

          When he stepped into the house of his Earth 2 counterpart and he had called... well, that version of his mother, he hadn't known there was someone else in the house with him other than Iris. He had heard someone walking down the stairs, and expecting to see Iris he said, "You're ready so... soon..." But it wasn't her. Instead, an unfamiliar red-headed, slender-figured woman was walking down the stairs with a suitcase in each hand. She appeared to be struggling with the load when she caught gaze with Barry.

          "Well," She spoke up in a giggling voice. "Aren't you going to help? My hands are a little full here!"

          Barry instantly grabbed onto another one of her suitcases and helped her down the stairs. She let out a gentle thank you once they both reached the base of the staircase. She put her bags down before she wrapped her arms around Barry's neck.

          "I'm going to miss you," She sighed as she removed her arms from around her neck. "Thank you so, so much for letting me stay here. I'm sorry it took so long; didn't really know when those construction guys would be finished with the house."

          "Um... yeah, no problem," Barry replied as he pretended to play it cool.

          "You're leaving so soon?" The Earth 2 Iris asked, walking into the living room with an almost sorrowful look.

          "Yeah," The woman nodded. "If I don't head back to Starling City or else my boss will have my head if I don't perform tomorrow night what with his recent budget cuts and everything. Honestly, man's even lucky the club's still afloat. I hope you'll both come see me working sometime soon, yeah?"

          "Of course," Iris grinned. She went to hug the girl when a horn was heard outside and she slipped away. "That's your cab. It was so good seeing you!"

          "It was wonderful seeing you too, Iris. I love you!" The girl smiled as she gave one last hug to Iris and Barry before she bounded out the door and towards a cab that was waiting for her out front.

         "See ya, Isabella!" Iris grinned, waving out the front door.

          Barry's eyes widened at the name, and his heart burned at the very sound. Suddenly, the woman's presence made complete sense to him, and he unconsciously knew who she was without even having to speak her name once more. That woman, the red-haired woman who suddenly just bore the exact resemble of both his mother and his father, was his older sister, Isabella Allen, who he missed every single day.