Chapter Sixty | Hogwarts, May 2 1998

Chapter Sixty

Hogwarts, May 2nd1998

            War had dominated Hazel’s life for so long, it was odd to think it had all come to this point. She had been in the castle for four hours, helping as much as she could – but could not find Harry. Someone said he was one place, but when she got there he had already moved on. It was past midnight now, and Hazel was running frantically through the castle.

It was just as she skidded into the great hall that she fell to her knees, a pain in her head suddenly blinding her.

‘Hazel …’ Severus’ voice penetrated her mind, and she relaxed ‘Hazel, please come…’

How he did it Hazel did not know, but she had a sudden flashed image of the Shrieking shack. Scrambling to her feet, Hazel fled the great hall, running down the hill past the green houses and Hagrid’s hut, stunning the whomping willow with a quick flick of her wand.

I’m coming Severus,’ she thought, heading towards the tunnel ‘I’m coming.’

            The battle was raging, fire was everywhere – and Andrew had spotted Sonia in the crowd.

“Charlie, look!” he cried, pointing to where Sonia was running down the stairs. Her jeans were torn and her face was bloody, but in that moment she had never looked more like Hazel. Andrew was furious at her, couldn’t understand what she was doing – did she not care for her own safety at all?

“What are you doing here?!” he roared, pulling her down as something exploded behind them. Charlie had pulled her to him, and was holding onto her tightly as they moved to hide in a secret passage. Andrew felt overwhelmed as he truly got a good look at Sonia; she was visibly showing now, and her hands went to protect her bump.

“I’m not letting my brother and my husband fool around here while I sit at home waiting to hear –”

“Sonia, you’re bloody pregnant!” he shouted over the sounds of war outside the secret passage. “Did you not hear what Mamma said? You can’t just think of yourself! You trip just walking down the hall, you can’t fight a battle!”

Eyes fiery, Sonia glared at him “Speaking of our dear mother, where is she?”

Deflating a little, Andrew could barely look his sister in the eyes “We … we haven’t been able to find her.”

“You lost Mamma?”

“I didn’t lose her, I just can’t find her!”

“Andrew you idiot! She’s sick, you can’t just let her go off into a fight like this-”

“HEY.” Charlie shouted, and the twins stopped. “Sonia, I know you won’t listen to me and go home – but please wait in the room of requirement. Please Sonia.” He said again as she glowered at him.