Awakening

You groaned, bringing a pale hand to rest against your head; it felt as though teeny mice were huddled in your brain that now wanted out.

You flutter your eyes open to be met with a thick blanket of darkness and an uncomfortable silence. You could feel the hard surface beneath you converting its coldness into your body which brung out more goosebumps along your once soft skin.
Where were you?

Panic was starting to bubble up within your being, your eyes darting from side to side and your free arm outstretched - trying to grasp onto something, anything! You felt as though you were losing your damn mind.

You strained, trying to make out the dark shapes in the room though you gave up pretty quickly knowing this sick guessing game was near impossible.

A soft whimper escaped your chapped lips, barely hearing it over the merciless white noise that rung so loud inside your ears, you gripped your head harder and felt damp strands of hair sticking together. You'd undoubtedly been hit there. Great. So that's how some crazed fucker got you.

A soft shackling noise bounced off the walls, filling the room and you almost jumped out of your skin! Your shriek pierced the air as you began to frantically move away but stopped feeling a weight on your ankle accompanied by more clanking sounds. Someone had shackled you here..
The fuck is going on?!

You racked your brain for answers but the fictional mice inside your head weren't letting up in the slightest. Slowly but surely, fuzzy memories began to fit together creating images in your mind although some parts of this big fucked up puzzle stayed blurred.

You remember sitting on a park bench, reading the no.1 book you'd dedicated hours upon hours of your time to, you loved the feeling of losing yourself in some other world and hated that when the book closed, came the crushing reality of normal life.

You remembered it was getting dark then so you'd patted your pockets in search of a phone-- A phone!

You gasped audibly, it sounded louder than you expected; the echo seemingly mocked you as it crept along the walls before melting into the cracks. Fumbling with your hoodie pockets, you knelt back on your knees and cursed; you felt fear arising again.

Shit, shit, shit! No phone..
"Help! Somebody please help me!" You didn't realise how hoarse your voice sounded 'til now and you swallowed to relieve the soft ache in your throat.
Had you been screaming before? You couldn't even remember, god, you could practically feel your sanity being slowly ripped from you.

Before you could stand up to find a way out of this godforsaken place, a blinding whiteness shot through the room rendering you blind.
Screaming in terror, you fell back on your bum, whimpering loudly and corning yourself to the closest wall.

It took a while of listening to your own ragged breathing before you could finally see. You took frantic looks at your surroundings. You were in a dilapidated.. Kitchen?

Looking behind you, you realised the wall you were propped up against was actually an old, filthy stove.
Gross.

You promptly moved away, groaning and rubbing down your clothes with shaking hands as if that'd miraculously free you from the muck and grime that stained them.

An open doorway stemmed into a hallway on your right side, you could slightly make out a humanoid shape sitting at a desk. There was no lights in the hallway and it made it harder to see out there. Before you could call out to them, a husky voice boomed from the speakers above you and if you didn't jump out of your skin last time, you were sure your soul did this time!

"Well rise n' shine, sleepy head! It's 'bout time you woke up."
Tears stung your eyes as you whimpered, hugging your legs closer to you.
This was hell. You were definitely in hell. You must be..

"It's time ta play my favourite game, lil lady! Ya think you're ready for it?"
A cackled followed suit. As if he'd wait for an answer.

You almost mistook his manic laugh for coughing as his voice was coated with a raspy tone and dripping with violent desire.

All you could do was cry.
God, I'm gonna die..