Six.

First of all, the last time I updated was in September, so it's not technically been a year from the last chapter. However, it is 2 A.M. I will post this in the morning as soon as I wake up. I have things due to Sunday now that I am in university. I hate it here.

Warnings: There's some heavy stuff. Emotionally speaking and people burning speaking, you know? Nothing too graphic. But you have been warned.

******************************************************

Perhaps the most mature thing to do after a breakup was not going to the bottom of the nearest lake to drown his sorrows and mope, but Percy did not feel up to do whatever the mature thing was. The day just ... kept getting worse by the hour.

The fishes tried to cheer him up. He appreciated and humored their attempts, even if he would have preferred to be alone. They finally brought him what they dubbed 'special kelp' to put on his head to chase away his worries before going swimming somewhere else to continue their daily activities. Percy wanted to ask so bad what kind of activities they did, but they were already gone.

He sighed. Why had Annabeth not talked to him when her doubts in their relationship, in him, began to appear? Why wait until she felt they could not salvage what they had?

He should have noticed she did not love him anymore. There had been signs. Had he pressured her unknowingly into staying with him? He would have to apologize later for everything he made her suffer, once he knew he could face her without breaking down.

"Percy, there you are!"

Percy jerked awake. He did not remember falling asleep, but he supposed his tears had lulled him into unconsciousness. He was still at the bottom of the lake.

He fixed his gaze on the newcomer—it was Dante.

"Percy, what are you doing here?"

"What am I– what are you doing here?" he asked. "Will said —"

"It's way past dinner." He bit his lip. "I'm so sorry."

Percy blinked. "What are you sorry for? I was the one who stabbed you!"

"I goaded you to fight me," he acknowledged, shaking his head and bringing the back of his hand to his eyes. "You are a hero, Percy. A literal legend. I just ... I wanted to prove I was not only your whiny brother, that I was not your pity case, but I overestimated my strengths."

"I ... I did not know you felt like that," Percy admitted, tasting the words bitter. "Apparently, I don't know how anyone feels about me, anymore." He looked at his brother with sadness. "Come here," said he, extending his arms towards Dante, who did not hesitate to engulf him in a crushing embrace.

"You have no idea h–how sorry I am for what I did today and ho-how I made you feel all this t-time," said Percy, cradling Dante's body as he pressed his face on his shoulder. "I almost k-killed you."

"Will said you also saved me with some fancy bloodbending," he muttered, his voice was raspy. 

Percy choked on a laugh. "Is that from Avatar the Last Airbender?"

"There's a sequel now, it's p-pretty good." Dante drew a shaky breath and his hands grabbed Percy's shirt with force. "I forgive you, but only if you forgive me fo– I know you have bad days. I k-know sometimes you get ... really angry. It was not okay for me to say a-all those things knowing it'd push you over the edge. I'm—" a sob escaped his lips "—so sorry."