Chapter Five

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm starting to miss Gensokyo. It's only been thirteen days since I've been here in the Outside World, specifically Japan, and I'm starting to miss the place that I'm constantly cautious about, aware of my surroundings, and trying to get used to it all while trying to fight for my own survival. For me to miss a place like that is unusual. I think I'm starting to become a thrillseeker or something like that where I want to appreciate the dangers around me. That strange appreciation where I don't know if it's something I don't want to admit to, then I secretly admit to it without realizing it. I guess the reason I miss Gensokyo is because I'm not around Suika-sensei, Reimu, Marisa, Alice, or anyone else in particular.

I'm starting to miss the support Suika-sensei offers me, the hospitality Reimu gives me, the snark between Marisa and myself, and hanging out with Alice. I know that I'll come back to Gensokyo after I solve this occurrence. Yukari could at least give me an update on what's going on in Gensokyo. There might not be anything happening there, but I want to know how Suika-sensei and my friends are doing. They've done a lot for me, so it's only right that I show my care for them.

I can take care of myself. Only in situations that demand it, however. In most situations, I would be fine with having help. Having Kotohime and Asakura-san's help is greatly appreciative. They're nice people that want to solve the rumors that are happening in Chiyoda.

Something did seem wrong about this place. I just don't know what or how until Yukari informed me when we arrived to Chiyoda. These disappearances do confuse me. Yukari told me that the Nightgaunt kidnapped people. Where it brought them was something she never told me.

I know she wants me to figure it out. She just has too much explaining to do. If that were the case, and like I mentioned before, it would make it too easy for me. I would be able to take care of it. Except there's one problem to solving this occurrence.

It's the fact that I'm going to fight against a deity. A being that is far beyond my own power. I will be nothing but an ant compared to the fearsome power of a god. I'm a human being. I know that I faced against Satan, but I had help with that.

I also know that I fought against her by myself. Even then, I didn't really have a choice and I still lost that fight. I know that losing means nothing to me. It's just that I absolutely cannot lose if I face against a deity. I have to face it with all of my power.

Except I'm so scared of what will happen. I never searched up anything about Nyarlathotep. Yukari told me that he is known as the Crawling Chaos and that he is an Outer God. I shouldn't have been an idiot and interrupted her. I could have given her that chance to finish.

That chance ended up passing. I'm so stupid when it comes to moments like those. I forget to ask the most important questions that may or may not help me in my time of need. I should take mental notes of what I do, not just stand around all day. I don't do that in fights, though.

No way in hell would anyone stand in place in real life. I get away with it in Gensokyo because that's what people usually do. They stand around and gloat at times. They don't even move when they see an attack that is coming for them. I do get why they stand around.

It could be because they think they can take on the attack without any damage. It's easily justified when I used God Fist on someone. How else would they react when a giant fist made out of light is coming at them, especially one that is too wide and too large to avoid? That attack is intended to surprise opponents or cripple and weaken them. So far, it is still one of my most useful and most powerful skills in my arsenal if I use it right.

Using it too recklessly would cause my power to be drained early, my right arm would end up hurting, and it would be too slow if I try to attack a fast opponent. I can use it as a three-sixty degree attack that can blow away enemies that surround me. I can only use God Fist a total of three times. Overusing it would cause my right arm to become numb. I don't want to abuse God Fist too much.