Chapter Ten

"...!?"

My eyes shoot open and sit myself up immediately. The moment that I do, I feel a sting of pain running through my arms to see that they are bandaged all the way up to my shoulders. Rubbing my eyes, I immediately take in my surroundings. It's the same world that Yukari and I fought in months ago. The water that is dripping on my back doesn't wet my clothing.

I'm not sure what's even going on. I remember that I was punching a planet with everything I had, surpassing my limitations. After that, I passed out from exhaustion and pain. My wounds caught up to me, too. It doesn't look like Yukari is around.

I hope Asakura-san and Kotohime are okay. Yukari did take them someplace safe. They're going to have to stay out of this for a while. This is far beyond what they faced. The same goes for me, too.

I attempted to fight against an Outer God by myself. Just the difference in our powers is enough for me to know I'm being put in my place. It's no wonder Yukari avoids someone like him. I keep on saying how his power is beyond any realm of understanding. Even if I fought against him with Yukari, we wouldn't do much against someone who is literally the strongest being I have ever faced so far.

We were extremely lucky to get out of there alive. I don't know what the heck that moon was all about. Has it been hanging near Earth for so long that no one even bothered to look at it? It must have been summoned by Nyarlathotep. Somewhere around this world, he's watching me.

Watching Yukari and myself, setting up bits and pieces of what our moves are and what we're doing. I finally know where he is keeping those people with him. The Dreamlands that he mentioned. The place that no mortal human can enter through normally. As the name suggests, I would have to fall asleep in order to be in it.

Chiyoda is the center of events that are occuring like cults and other creepy stuff like that happening. There isn't any problems in the other wards. It must be because Akihabara is the center of things which is why these disappearances are happening so frequently. I have reason to believe that Maribel's friend must have been captured and taken to the Dreamlands. That's one place where they could have gone.

It give me another thought about what I'm up against. These unknown abominations that would cause humanity's minds to be turned into nothing mush. I finally took the time to do some research on what they are. What I found caused me to understand how utterly screwed the world is unlike being in Gensokyo where I'm always screwed over by the enemy that I fight against, but always come out on top at the end. This is nothing like that since my first fight against Nyarlathotep didn't end well at all.

Asakura-san told me about what these abominations are. They are Eldritch Abominations. A type of creature defined by its disregard for the natural laws of the universe as we attempt to understand them and their nature of existence. Grotesque mockeries of reality beyond comprehension whose disturbing otherness cannot be encompassed in any mortal tongue as attempting to do so will lead your mind to wander in a endless maze of madness. Humans become made from the revelation of witnessing such unnatural geometries that it makes up. Reality itself warps around them with no defining limit as to why it can do this.

Any rules that they do follow are beyond our level of understanding along with what motives they have in their actions. Yukari is perhaps an example of an eldritch abomination than being labeled as a "youkai". Her powers are not something of this world, cannot truly be understood except by only herself, and her actions are unable to be comprehended. Not even Reimu herself knows what she is thinking and even Suika-sensei says that it's like trying to read a book with infinite pages when it comes to trying to figure out her motivations and existence. Anyone would know at the first sight of Yukari would be her otherwise otherworldly beauty.