Chapter 7

Chapter 7

“A man who wont die for something, is not fit to live” Martin Luther King Jr.

“God I hate this ride” Mike mumbled to himself as he stood in the boat slowly traveling to the spot where the body was found.

“Yea” Dom replied looking around “They could have turned the damn music off though.”

“What do you want everything?” Mike asked flashing a smile. The boat slowly crept up to the Mexico scene where the body was slumped over a doll. Dom got out first with Mike following as they joined Alan, Warren, Chris, Henry, Russell, Abby, and a bunch of other cops.

“What we got bud?” Dom asked Warren as he ducked under the crime sceen tape.

“Shot in the head twice.” Warren started “and then the body was BBQd.”

“Lovely” Dom said looking around rather annoyed.

“The back doors busted in.” Russell yelled out

“So is your girlfriend’s” Chris replied.

“And when the hell did you get here?” Dom asked Chris.

“I’m working with you guys now” Chris replied.

“Great” Dom said biting his lip and turning around.

“Dom” Warren asked raising an eyebrow “What’s wrong?”

“This music has got to go” Dom said looking annoyed.

“And how do you expect to do that?” Alan challenged.

“I’ll show you how” Dom said pulling out his gun.

“Dom NO!!!” Warren yelled. Bang Bang! Dom shot the head off the closest doll. The music didn’t stop.

“God damn” Dom mumbled as he shot another near by. It still didn’t stop the music.

“Damn it!” Dom yelled.

“Dude!” Warren exclaimed “That’s state money that’s going to pay for that!”

“So” Dom said

“That’s tax payers money” Warren tried to explain.

“So” Dom said again.

“Hey Warren” Mike called over “remember a few years ago.. Hurricane Will?”

“What happened?” Abby asked.

“When Dom wanted a ginger ale? And Wal-Mart was closed? And he broke in and got his ginger ale? And a few months ago when he smashed that guys Lambo’s windshield?”

“That asshole had it coming” Dom said putting his gun back in his holster.

“Yea well that’s great” Warren said “But this is kind of different”

“You really are obnoxious.” Abby said laughing and shaking her head as she walked around.

“Shut up” Dom replied

“I hate to be the barer of bad news” Russell said looking at his phone “But behind this hurricane is Hurricane Tilly which is a category one.”

“Tilly?” Dom asked

“Yea” Russell replied

“What the hell is that?” Dom asked “At least with like Tiffany and like Tami you could tell they are girls. But Tilly? The fuck?”

“Hey” Warren said shrugging “Chris could go both ways.”

“Like the name?” Chris asked concerned “or me?”

“Not touching that one” Warren replied making a sour face.

“You already have” Chris said winking.

“Tilly is a name!” Abby said

“Are you just here to annoy people?” Alan asked shaking his head.

“Nope” Abby replied smiling “Just you!” She winked and then moved away before he could hit her.

“I’m going to get statements” Dom said walking out.

“This body has obviously been dumped here” Mary said from the body “and I’m going to venture the cause of death is a gunshot wound.”

Suddenly there was a splash and a shout.

Alan turned around.

“Now my boot is all wet!” Came a whine. Abby had slipped of the rock she was standing on, splashing Alan from behind.

Alan shook his head and turned back around.

“Serial killer?” Emily asked collecting evidence.

“I don’t know” Alan said walking over to Franny’s body pointing to his back with his golf club “What’s that?”

“I’m not sure” Mary said grabbing a scalpel and carving away Franny’s charcoal shirt. On his back was a bunch of cuts. Mary moved away pieces of shirt with tweezers to revel a carving in his back that read “Come get me DH” with a kiss mark.

“DH?” Warren asked aloud.

“Dumb Hippies?” Mike asked.

“No” Henry said “That’s you”

“Some serial killers leave their messages in Latin” Mary suggested.

“Well the killer left something else.” Emily said holding up a blood stained bra.

“DH?” Alan wondered aloud. “Damn it” he said walking out.

“What!?!” Warren called out.

“DH!” Alan replied walking back. Everyone looked at him puzzled. Alan pointed to Emily’s hand “Dominic Harkness.”