Chapter One

Diamonds POV|

Chapter One|

You would've never known, the second you... Literally would trade you for a nigga you once wanted. Kado was the shit, but in all honesty; he wasn't worth shit to me... That's different story to the streets, he's a threat to every living man that walks the streets of Miami. Everything was good while it lasted, and that was until one of his boys turned down the life of a dealer for the music industry.

See, shit was peachy at first. All good in the hood. Mama always said that blood was thicker than water, but that was some shit Jewel didn't abide by. Her life was based off sex, drugs, money, and fame. We were two different people, on the real. Ain't no doubt in the world that was my sister, but she lost sight of what was important. See me? I tucked up as well. I got caught up with Kado, and the drugs were controlling my emotions. He beat me, and I was trapped. But the way he put it down, he did it so I couldn't move past the porch steps. If anything, he was my drug. And on all honesty, I was high off him.

You see, at one point my sister and I were tight. Everything was cool until I had to feel bad and run my mouth. I just knew people needed to see my twin and I beautiful faces. We were only 17 when the music producer, Marcus, showed up in Miami. After getting a taste of fame, Jewel was practically spoon feeding herself. I'll admit, $13,000 for one video is fantastic. But that was enough for me. As for Jewel, you're gonna have to ask her yourself.

Money damn sure makes a difference, and I'd be damned if it didn't make you different. I pulled into Stevens drive way, turning the car off and letting the engine die down beneath me. "C'mon King" I called for my 2 year old son to get out of the car. I don't hate Kado completely, only because he gave me my first born; but I hate him for "fucking my sister behind my back" as the media would say, not only do I hate him for that, but I hate him for screwing up my family. Isn't it wicked to describe to your child that his aunt is also his step mom?

Word. Honestly, that's the only reason I deal with Jewel in the first place. It's a shame that. Gotta treat my flesh that way, but all is fair in love and war. She didn't think not a damn thing about me when I layed my feelings down for Kado. But like they say, the streets love nobody. Shame, ain't it?

"We We going, mommy?" King asked, hopping down from his booster seat.

For a two year old, his speech was at perfection. Well...as perfect as it'd get at the moment.

"Daddy's house, baby." I said, with less enthusiasm. I hated putting my son through this, foreal. But I ain't gone keep him from his daddy either.

Kado is a good father, believe me. He's just not a good man. He's not wifey material, and I feel bad for jewel who swears up and down her man is holding her down. Nah, that's not even half the case. King looked just like Kado, sadly. After nine months of struggle, he comes out looking exactly like the person I'd dreaded him to; Steven. Only I call him Steven, and I have every right to, being that he's the father of my first. The streets call him Kado, But I refuse to.

King had his caramel skin complexion, and storm grey eyes. Same dimpled chin, and sandy brown Indian curls. My baby was handsome, just like his daddy. He sported long eye lashes, and had the forest shoe game, top chain. Why wouldn't he? King isn't just living off of one income, he's living off two, which is way better than me and Jewel Had. He's the air i Breathe, and my only reason for living, honestly. "Okay," he answered. I smiled, walking up there steps to Kado's summer condo. King clutched onto my leg, his lightning McQueen sippy cup in one hand, and his toy story night bag in the other.

I knocked twice, flipping my hair over my shoulder as the door swung open to Kado's 6'1 caramel toned frame. He smiled, running his fingers through his curls.

"Daddy!" King yelled, running into him with open arms.

I smirked to myself, trying to hold my own. "Hey lil man," Kado, ruffled his hair.

"You been good for mommy?" King nodded, his smile so wide his cheeks touched his eyes.

I shook my head.

"Diamond," Kado smiled.

He gazed into my eyes, doing that thing that he always did to turn me on. I cleared my throat, turning my head.

"Kado," I said, looking down at my White on white Michael Kors sandals.

He chuckled, putting king down with a Thump! "Aye, king, daddy'll be in there in a minute, okay? Go play the Xbox till I get there."

"Okay, Daddy! I'm gone beat you in Call of Duty!" I bit my lip, listening to the little litter patter of Kings feet.

Soon his footsteps faded as Kado leaned in the doorway. He smirked, biting his lip as he eyed me. I just rolled my eyes. I refuse to play his little mind tricks. He sported an all white tee, and some sweats with a pair of Nike socks and slides. Even like this he looks FINE, no doubt. But those days are over, and my son is my priority now.

"I'm guessing my sister ain't home, huh?" He smiled, shaking his head.

"Nah, she's out for a lil bit. She's at the gym, why?" He licked his lips again, and I overlooked it.

"Never mind that. Look, Here's Kings allergy medicine, I'll be back for him tomorrow morning."