Chapter Three

Chapter Three|

Diamonds POV|

He finally removes his hand from the door and lets me leave. As I walk out of the room I pass my dirty ass sister, and she looked at me. I glared at her as she put her head back down. I'm glad her ass feel bad.

That's her damn nephew she put in the hospital. It's not like I don't love her. It's just the simple fact that she doesn't five a damn, and would rather sacrifice blood for water. I won't sweat it though, it is what it is.

"Family for King Carter"

Kado and I stood up as Jewel did too.

"Um, I am the biological mother of King, and I want to request that only his Godmother, grandmothers, father and I are allowed in" I announced shooting an evil glare at Jewel.

The nurse nodded her head while marking something onto her clip board. The swung her head indicating the direction of the room "right this way mom" I followed behind her preparing myself to see my child suffer. Jewel and I always learned who karma was, the only thing is that I met her a long time ago... And she didn't; but her time is to come.

I continued to follow the nurse down the long hallway. This is the most dreadful journey I've ever had to take. We slowly towards room 722. Funny, that was my birthday.

I open the door and peep my head in and hear small snores.

" King." I say.

He slowly fluttered his eyes open and said "Hi Mommy"

"Hi baby," I say softly.

Kado is only steps behind me, riding my coattails. I roll my eyes, feeling his breath on the back of my neck. Of course, Jewel stayed in the waiting room, despite her nephew being in the hospital. Bitch. I kneeled down beside his bed, and stroked his face.

"How does mommy's baby feel?" I asked, as Kado Sat at the foot of the bed.

"I'm okay, mommy. Don't be mad at daddy."

I chuckled, swiping the tears that manages go escape away before looking up at Kado. He felt like shit; his facial expression told it all.

"I could never be mad at daddy, king," [ lie ] "accidents happen, baby."

"Daddy? You mad at mommy?" He asked, softly.

Kado looked into my eyes before cutting the gaze short to look at king.

"Nah, little man. I'm not mad at mommy." He said, ruffing up his hair. "Then...why you argue?" He asked.

"People argue little man, disagreements, mistakes... It's life" Kado spoke holding his head and lifting it back up looking at me then back at King.

For once he sounded like an adult, almost like he actually gave a shit about something/someone. I cracked a smile and kissed Kings forehead before walking to the couch.

"Mommy Apple Pie tastes really good but it made me feel blue"

did Jewel really feed her nephew something he's allergic to? Or am I just assuming too much

"king, where'd you get apple pie from?" I asked, I knew it wasn't the place or time, but I just needed it know... Just so I could stop worrying. "Will you just lay off it for a while until he's home Diamond, damn" I chuckled, uncrossing and recrossing my opposite legs "will you just go to hell for a while until I get home, damn" I spat rolling my eyes.

Just as Kado was about to open up his smart ass mouth, the nurse walked in.

" Here are his release forms, and I will get the prescription for his allergy medicine and you will be able to take him home tomorrow. Just to make sure nothing goes wrong." She says.