Shot -1

************************************
Author's Note : Please note that some of the thoughts and actions of the characters in this story may come across as hypocritical when one tries to relate them to previous tracks as portrayed on the TV show. So request you to read with an open mind. Thanks.

************************************
Shot -1

She sneaked a few glances at the father-daughter duo seated on the couch, as she braided her hair in front of the dresser. Together, they were going through some academic brochures and discussing Ruhi's career plans. Since Ruhi had already had this discussion with her, she did not join them and continued to get ready for work.

As she heard him laugh lightly while recounting an incident from his college days, she couldn't help herself from turning around and taking a good look at him. His attention turned towards her immediately and she made a show of looking around the room, as if searching for something. Picking up her handbag and stuff she walked to Ruhi and gave her a light hug and bid them bye before hurrying towards the door.

Her footsteps slowed down as she exited the building and walked towards the car parking area. She wasn't in a hurry to get to work. She just wanted to get out of the room before Ruhi walked out and left them alone. It's been two months since she came home and she should have been used to it by now. But today was clearly not one of those days when she could deal with the silence that seemed to stretch on forever when they were alone, or worse, those half-hearted attempts at small talk that served as a rude reminder of what their relationship had deteriorated into. He had apologized to her after she had moved out but she wasn't sure what that apology meant to her or even to him. To her it seemed like an afterthought, or maybe an act of damage control. He had visited her frequently and had brought Pihu and Ruhi to her as often as possible. They always spoke to each other cordially, but she knew that their relationship had hit a dead end of sorts. And as much as she struggled to look at things objectively just to understand what had gone wrong in their relationship, she just couldn't get past his words or the way he treated her when she needed him the most.

Some days were hard, making it difficult for her to accept the reality of their relationship, while on some days, it did not affect her at all. A part of her did not wish for any reconciliation, because that would mean carrying the burden of expectations again, while another part of her kept waiting for that man who had once claimed and proved that he could read her eyes and sense her pain.

As always work was her solace and her escape too. Pushing every depressing thought aside, she got into her car and drove to her clinic.

                                ***

Checking his reflection in the mirror one last time, Raman was about to leave for work when he noticed her perfume bottle and her hand lotion bottle lying on the dresser with their caps unscrewed. He picked them up carefully one after the other and screwed the caps back on. She was always particular about keeping the dresser neat and tidy. But today her things were lying on it haphazardly. She must have been in a hurry today, he thought, as he started to arrange her things. Or she must have been in a hurry to get away from him, he corrected himself.

Strangely, it did not hurt him. Because he too did the same quite often to avoid awkward silences and half-hearted conversations. The only time they spoke openly and freely to each other was when it came to matters concerning their kids. Ishita, the mother had much to share when it came to their kids. She shared even the most mundane and unnecessary detail with him. It was as though she was making up for the accusation he had hurled at her about always keeping him in the dark. But Ishita, the wife or the individual had nothing to say or share. In a way, that has always been the nature of their relationship. She was always reluctant to share her problems and worries with him, like she didn't consider him worthy enough. He couldn't even bring himself to ask her that now because the words that he had spoken in anger may have destroyed whatever was left of their relationship. Not a day has passed when he wished he could go back in time and take back those words. Strangely, he couldn't even recall the exact words, because all he remembered was being insanely angry and deeply hurt that she could hide things from him, that she didn't trust him enough to share with him. And now there was this invisible wall between them that he couldn't muster the courage to breakdown. Her physical presence in their house was the only reason why he had not slipped into absolute hopelessness. Somewhere deep inside his heart, he still wanted to believe that the woman who had once told him that she trusted him more than herself and who had once made them promise each other that they would never have any secrets from each other was still somewhere there, and maybe one day he would find his way back to her.

With one last glance at their framed wedding picture hanging on the wall, he left for work.
************************************

AN: If you have liked this chapter, please do not forget to vote & comment, before moving on to the next chapter.Thank You! 

Please scroll down 👇/👉 for the next chapter.

IshRa Five Shot - Finding My Way Back To You (COMPLETED) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara