Shot - 2

Author's Note : In this story, Romi works for Raman, while Mihika works for a different organization.

The next morning, Ishita got ready for work at a leisurely pace. Raman had left for work early and Pihu was also off to school. As she didn't have to get to work at her usual time, she thought of spending some time with her parents before leaving for work.

On her way out, she was walking past Romi's room when she heard him swear loudly in Punjabi. It was nothing new, but what made her halt  her steps was the weird language that he spoke after that. And it's only when he repeated the same words that she realized that he was actually cursing in Tamil, or what can only be described as a very Punjabi-sounding Tamil.
It sounded so funny that she knocked on the door that was slightly ajar. The door opened immediately revealing a flustered looking Romi.

" Hey Bhabhi.. Aap.. Woh...main.. " he fumbled, unsure of how much she had heard.

She let out a small laugh. "Sunn liya maine. Sorry..I didn't mean to listen in.. par main guzar rahi thi yahan se aur tum kaafi loud the.. Waise Mihika ne kaafi acchi training di hai..you just need to work on your pronunciation so that it sounds more like Tamil and less like Punjabi." She teased him.

"Kya Bhabhi... subah subah aap ko main hi milaa kya?" Scratching the back of his head, he complained cutely.

"Chalo main chalti hoon.. Tum lage raho, " she teased him again and turned to leave.

"Bhabhi ek min.. Kya aap ki aaj Mihika se baat hui thi ?"

When she turned to answer him, she noticed how agitated he looked.

"Nahin aaj nayi.. parson baat hui thi humari.. Kya hua?"

"Nahin..kuch nahi.. .Uska phone nahin lag raha hai...kaafi time se try kar raha hoon...pata nahin phone band aa raha hai repeatedly. "

"Woh toh conference attend kar rahi ho gi na.. Tabhi phone band kar diya hoga usne."

"Nahin Bhabhi.. Conference toh uska kal hi khatam ho gaya tha..aaj woh uske team ke saath kisi resort mein hain."

"Tab toh pakka charge khatam ho gaya hoga uske phone ka. You know she always forgets to charge her phone. I am sure phone on hote hi, woh tumhe call back karegi."

Romi looked unconvinced but nodded his head in agreement. "Bhabhi in case she calls you, please zara mujhe call kar ne ko bol dena," he requested.

"Oh!!  Toh yeh baat hai.. Lad ke baithe ho na tum dono?" She questioned him playfully.

"Nahin Bhabhi, aisi koyi baat nahin hai. Kal bhi  humari acche se baat huyi thi. Lekin mera abhi usse baat karna zaroori hai." He replied earnestly.

If he wasn't looking so worried she would have teased him about his desperation to talk to his wife. "Teekh hai baba dont worry.. Main bol doongi usse." She quickly assured him with a smile and walked out of the room. But as she remembered something else, she walked back in, only to find him sitting on the bed with his head down and resting on his hands.

Hearing her footsteps, he looked up immediately.

"Romi, pichle hafte jo plumber aaya tha na.. Tumhare pass uska number hai?"

" Haan..honi chahiye.. Main check karta hoon" he replied, and started to scroll through his phone.

Watching him, she concluded that he was definitely tensed or worried about something.

"Maine share kar diya hai," he said, looking up at her.

"Pareshan lag rahe ho tum... Sab teekh hai na?