Chapter Three

Andri would have slept in on her first day of classes if not for Hermione. The brilliant muggle-born had ripped the blankets off Andri's sleeping form while lecturing her about responsibility and her lack of it. On most days, she would have been incredibly annoyed, but she was grateful that her friend went out of her way to make sure she was on top of things.

"Honestly, Andri. I don't know what you'd do without me." Hermione had remarked.

"Probably crash and burn." Andri admitted as they walked into the Great Hall.

The two girls joined Harry and Ron for breakfast, sitting across from them and putting their book bags on the floor. Andri took full advantage of the large selection in front of her, helping herself to a few eggs and some toast to dip in the yolk. Once she finished with that, she started on a bowl of porridge. She was not used to her school routine anymore after the summer, which meant it was going to take a big breakfast to keep her from being grouchy in the mornings until she could adjust.

"How long until lunch, do you think?" Andri asked, taking another spoonful of porridge.

"Lunch?" Hermione turned to her incredulously, her usual shrewdness plastered on her face, "You're only starting breakfast and you're already on about lunch?"

"Oi, Mione, don't judge me for being excited about food."

"I wasn't judging!" She turned to the boys for confirmation, "Was I?"

"Well, you did look at her with the face." Harry reasoned.

"What face? There's no face."

"Sure there is." Ron countered and put on his best Hermione voice, "It's the 'I'm judging you so hard, you should be ashamed of yourself' face."

"I do not sound like that-"

"You really do."

"Anyway," Andri put a stop to the building tension, "I'm excited for Dark Arts this week, especially with my dad teaching."

"I think he'll be brilliant at it, Andri." said Ron.

"I think so, too. You know, Harry, my dad's told me that he went to school with your parents, I think they were friends. Maybe you could ask him about it." Andri said.

"Really?" He perked up excitedly, "Do you think he knew them well?"

"I think, you'll have to ask him for yourself."

There were roars of laughter coming from behind her. Andri spun around to see Malfoy and a group of other Slytherins surrounding him. Draco spotted them looking and smirked before doing an impression of someone having a fit. She scowled at him nastily and she swore she saw fear on his face until he recomposed himself.

"Hey, Potter!" Pansy Parkinson shouted, "The Dementors are coming! Wooooooo!"

Pansy Parkinson was a girl in Slytherin who was absolutely in love with Draco Malfoy. It was obvious and he knew it. Andri knew that he would never feel the same, he was too superficial. Pansy was not good-looking, she had facial features similar to those of a pug. Only pugs were capable of looking cute with those features.

"Oi! Go back to the dog house, pug-face!" Andri shouted back, "Your barking isn't appreciated!"

The group of Slytherins around her began cackling at the statement. Andri could spot even Draco trying to keep himself laughing and when Pansy turned to him, fuming, it looked like he was insisting that he didn't find it funny at all. Andri spun back around to face her friends to find them having giggle fits of their own.