Unwelcome

Hermione opened her eyes to find that she was alone in the bedroom. She looked up to see that the blinds had been shut the night before, and the room was in partial darkness. She stood up from her post on the bed, and she opened the blinds, hoping to see Draco hiding behind them. But to her surprise, he wasn't sitting there either. She noticed she couldn't remember anything from last night, and she wondered what could have happened.

But when she opened the glass section of the window, she was able to feel a strong breeze on her abdomen. She glanced down to see she was in nothing but her undergarments. A small thought popped into her mind when she saw this, but she brushed it away. He couldn't have.... No. She couldn't start that again.

She walked over to the lark oak wardrobe and fished out a silver robe that was probably once Narcissa Malfoy's. She tugged it on and walked out of the room.

"Draco?" She called down the staircase. No answer was to be heard, and she wondered if he had left, again.

But this thought too was pushed out of her mind, because she couldn't imagine him packing up and leaving without his wand, which was still sitting on the bedside table. She pocketed the magic stick and started to walk down the staircase cautiously. Every few seconds she would pause and call his name.

Eventually, the girl reached the bottom of the staircase, she stopped calling completely.

A while back he had brought her up the stairs and showed her a little room where alcohol was stored. Not when she had gotten drunk, but the day after. He claimed it was in case she needed an energy boost, but she knew she acted crazy when she was intoxicated.

She walked up the stairs, taking the exact route he had showed her months ago. She slowly pushed aside the small portrait, and her waist skimmed the side while struggling to get in. She succeeded though, and she stood up in the cellar where the wine and whiskey were kept. Sure enough, she found that the floor was littered with bottles.

"Draco?" She called again, this time grasping the wand inside her pocket.

She heard an almost inaudible sound, but she knew it to be a whimper. She walked around a few barrels, and she saw him sitting on the floor, his head on his knees.

She slowly crouched down and rested her small hand on his shoulder.

"Draco." She repeated, this time it was less of a call, and more of a signal. He shifted away from her hand, but she just scooted closer to him.

"Draco, look you didn't do anything. What's wrong? What happened?"

He pulled up his head, and she saw dark bags under his eyes.

"What are you talking about?" He spat. "I practically... I practically-" He let out a long sigh. "I don't think we can stay together." He said, and she almost thought she could detect heartbreak in his voice.

"What? NO! Whether I tried to or not, I lo-" She slapped a hand over her mouth, and internally scolded herself for her stupidity.

"So what? Now you can't even say it, Granger? Because let me tell you something, I love you. But I- I did something so wrong I shouldn't deserve to be around you. And I saw the way you looked when you almost said it, your worried that with a slip of your tongue, you could say something that would land you in a world of trouble. And don't try to fake your lack of knowledge, you know what I did." He avoided her eyes and planted his head back in between his knees.

"Draco, I have no idea what you're talking about..." She trailed off, searching her mind for any sort of clue from last night.

"What are you talking about? Last night I-we..." He trailed off thudding his head back to his knees.