Chapter 3. House Of The Rising Daughter

THE FRENCH QUARTER – "IT'S TIME TO FEED."

Kala boasts to Esmeralda her methods for providing fresh blood for her vampires.

Kala voiceover. "The city of New Orleans... people of all stripes and flavors from all over the country come here to party on our streets. Some are just looking for fun... some are looking for something a little darker, more dangerous. So, we invite them into my home and we give it to them."

Diego, one of Kala's vampires, shows a flyer to two tourists, a man and a woman. The flyer is headed by a large, monogrammed 'M', beneath which reads:

ABATTOIR
WHERE THE PARTY

NEVER ENDS

They enter the party and get their hands stamped with the same 'M' monogram as the flyer.

Kala voiceover. "Then, at the stroke of midnight, everything changes, and it's time to feed."

Kala leads Esmeralda around a balcony overlooking the party. They watch as Kala's vampires feed ravenously on the humans, who scream in terror.

Kala looks at Esmeralda. "This is how I keep my guys happy: the occasional, all-you-can-eat buffet. My night-walkers love it. I've got 'em working hard, trying to earn one of these daylight rings. They deserve to blow off a little steam. My day-walkers, the trusted few – they just like the party."

Esmeralda notices a crest of some sort engraved on the stone wall below: it includes the 'M' monogram, as well as a coiled serpent. She does not comment on it. "It's quite an operation. Tell me – what about the victims? Seems like a lot of graves to dig."

"Can't kill 'em all." Kala tells her. "Too many folks go missing, tourism drops. So, we heal them with a little vamp blood, erase their memory, send them on their way – no muss, no fuss."

Esmeralda looks at Kala. "I'm impressed."

Kala tolds her. "Nothing I didn't learn from you back in the day."

Thierry, one of Kala's vampires, approaches the two. "Kala."

Kala asked. "'Sup, Thierry?"

Thierry answer. "Six of our guys were killed in a bar outside of the Quarter. Night-walkers. No one saw who."

While Kala receives this news, Esmeralda looks away. Cut to Rebekah driving her red convertible with; she checks herself in the rearview mirror, wipes a drop of blood off her cheek, smiles. He wipes the blood off of his pants as he smirks.
——
Rebekah parks in front of the Mikaelson mansion, leaving a message on her phone as she gets out with Klaus. Hayley, inside, hears something and walks warily down the stairs.

Rebekah speaking on her phone. "Elijah, if not answering your phone is part of your clever plan to get me back to this godforsaken city, then well done. I'm here, and I'm worried. Now pick up before I kick in your bloody door."

Klaus and Rebekah walks up the front steps and opens the door. She walks in as Hayley comes down the stairs follow by Lelia, wielding a fire iron.