Chapter Seventeen - Settling In

LILAC'S POV

The dragons in the front of the group start landing, and you have a better view of the place.  It's quite nice, with a lot of greenery and even a bit of wildlife - it must have been abandoned for a long time if wildlife is now living here, as most creatures are rightfully terrified of dragons.

It takes a few minutes before Cheorviss lands, so while you have an aerial view, you keep taking in the island.  It might even be larger than your old island, though you can't quite tell.  It's certainly large enough for your colony to live comfortably.

You can't help thinking about Norrle.  How will you get supplies now that you're several days' flight away from the kingdom?  You'll just have to find a closer place to go - maybe there's a village nearby.  If there is, knowing your colony, they'll probably start attacking it, though if it's a smaller settlement they'll probably cut back on the frequency of attacks.  If there's no village...well, it'd be harder to get by, but you're not above using more wild resources.

Either way, the first thing to do is get settled into this new island.  Some dragons are already claiming spots on the island for themselves and their families, and you hop off of Cheorviss so he can do the same.

On your old island, you had your own spot where you slept and kept supplies and such, and you'll do the same thing here.  You saw a few natural small caves when Cheorviss was landing that you can set up in.  A lot of dragons do like to sleep in caves, but they form their own using magic since natural caves are almost always too small for them to fit or live comfortably.

You're glad to see that your colony is already adjusting - some are already forming caves, others are hunting down the wildlife.  You weren't aware of how adaptable dragons apparently are, but it's fortunate that they are, or you'd be worried for their health.

You smile to yourself.  You think this will work out just fine.