t w o

C O R E Y ' S P O V

Is it normal to be mesmerized by the stunning looks of your best friend?

Because whenever I look at her, it seems so unreal to me how perfectly her features are created to make her look like a child, but yet mature looking at the same time. Her looks are much like her personality.

Her eyes are like those never ending photos. Like when someone is holding a picture of them, who in the photo is holding that same photo, and that photo is the same photo in the next photo and- Well you get it.

Her eyes just seem never ending. I could stare at them for an endless lifetime, and I would never find the end. They hold so much emotion and color. So much life. Like she's ready to hold the world in her arms and look down on it.

I've never seen someone so beautiful to point where it's unsustainable. I know, we're just friends. But is it so wrong to think someone is pretty?

"You're very pretty. You know that?" I felt lost in her eyes.

"You're not too bad, yourself, Mr. Mixter," Brittany winked.

I smirked at her comment.

"Why thank you, Miss Sheets," I replied. Brittany smiled.

"I'm getting sleepy," she mumbled.

"Then go to sleep."

"You don't mind?"

"Not at all," I said with a reassuring smile. She closed her eyes and cuddled into my arms.

"Night Cor," she softlty whispered.

"Good night, Brittany."

After a while of me just staring at the ceiling, her body went limp in my arms. I turned off the tv.

Her quiet breathing filled the air like a nearly muted drone. It was quite soothing.

I tried to close my eyes and fall asleep, but my eyelashes felt like they were glued to my face in a way that kept my eyes open in perfect circles.

My eyes eventually relaxed and the border of my vision looked fuzzy, signaling I was just about ready to fall asleep.

And the last thing I remember hearing just before I fell asleep was Brittany talking her sleep.

"I love you, Corey."

***

"Corey! It's time to get up!" Brittany continuously poked my arm. I groaned.

"Come on!" Brittany harshly shook me.

"I'm up! I'm up!" I began to stretch, my feet going over the edge of the bed as I did so.

Brittany grabbed my wrist. "Are you gonna get up?"

"I'm getting up! Let me actually open my eyes first!" I sat up.

"Lazy," Brittany teased.

"The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I guess," I smirked.

"Hey!" Brittany slapped my arm and tried to hold back a grin.

"I'm just kidding. Anyway, I heard you talking in your sleep last night."

"Really? What did I say?"

"I uh.. I don't remember."

"Was I moving while I did it?"

"Yeah, you kinda like moved up under my chin. But that was it."