♡ i love you ♡

Hey! It's been a bit of a while—well just like a week—and here I am, back and with art!

So like I mentioned, I've been drawing lots of random humans in school. and though I'm slightly upset about this next part, I've kind of been learning how to draw humans by looking at @/lartspoon's drawings. I have tried to keep my distance—for example, I've been trying not to draw their characters, identical hairstyles, etc. I find I just really like the concept of it all, as in, not just the art style, but the comics and the storyline and the characters. I really love the idea. I don't know. Im having trouble thinking of ways I can do this without have people shout COPYCAT THATS COPYRIGHTED YOU'RE A COPYCAT at me.. yikes I'm honestly so self conscious, way more than I realize.

Anyway! I have finally been able to come up with a design—no matter how simple it is—for a character I've been working on for a while. I'm excited partly because I love this kid and partly because I finally have some I can be consistent with! So..

This is Djourne.

Oh and by the wayYesThere will be eyes

Oh and by the way
Yes
There will be eyes

I'm honestly so proud of the name, I'm really in love with it

I find that one of my flaws (?) is perfectionism...
Well..
I don't always see it as a flaw, but with art, I'd much rather be creative and sloppy than perfect with a blank page.
So to fight this, I decided I'd try to draw Djourne
// <3 i love you \\
facing forward and backward. Besides fighting perfectionism this also could help if I were ever to do something like Larry, with the storyline/comics scheme.
hh i'm doing it again

Well that's all for this chapter but I have like //IH\\ three more topics I want to cover rn so expect another chapter soon!