Why Did That Happen

camerons pov

I woke up remembering last night. I texted talia in the when I woke up to say good morning and that I would see her in school. she replied about 5 minutes later saying morning and see ya.

talias pov

at school

I walked into the class room ready for literature with Mrs. Salfer and Cameron. I sat next to cameron. he smiled at me and said hi. I did the same back. class wouldnt start for another 5 minutes. cameron said "talia are you going to tell me about what happened last night with your dad?"

"cameron I dont want to talk about it"

"why? why dont you want to?"

"I can tell you some other time. when we have time to sit down. ok I promise."

"alright"

I was a little nervous cause I dont know if im ready to tell cameron about my parents.

camerons pov

I talked to talia at lunch to see if she was free to come to my house after school to talk. she seemed upset but still said ok.

talias pov

I was walking outside to where I told cameron I would meet him to walk to his house. while I was sitting on the curb linsey walked up to me. I got a little nervous when she stood in front of me. I looked up at her she did a weird little laugh and then kicked me right on the bruise on my knee. I let out a little groaning noise from pain. she kept kicking me there and I couldnt get up. then I was crying and cameron finally came out and linsey ran away and cameron helped me up. he kept telling me I would be alright and that he was sorry. we finally started walking and my knee stopped hurting. cameron mept apologizing and I just told him he had nothing to worry about. he was walking with his arm around my shoulder. then we finally got to his house. he took me up to his bedroom. we were sitting on his bed and he said "ok so I really want to know where you got that bruise on your knee from and please dont tell me you fell"

"fine...my dad hit me..."

"WHAT!! your father hit you! talia how could you not tell anyone!"

he seemed so upset about that with my father

"so whh did he hit you?"

"it was the day I went to your taping...my parents were mad that I left before they woke up even though I left a note. so when I was in my room they came up yelled at me my dad hit my knee my mom pulled my hair. theres so much more cameron." I said starting to cry

"talia does he hit you a lot. do they always scream at you"

"cameron they do. can we please not talk about this anymore" I said starting to cry a little harder.

"of course" he said hugging me. after a few minutes I was better and we didn't talk about it anymore. I was invited to stay for dinner I called my parents and told them. they said it was fine they seemed ok. so i decided to stay.

camerons pov

we were doing our homework together and just talking and listening to music. then dinner finally came. we sat at the table. maya next to my mom me next to talia then my dad at the head of the table. while we were eating we were all talking. talia had one hand on her lap as she was eating. I took my hand under the table and lightly held hers. she didnt even show a reaction she just kept talking with everyone. but she held my hand as well. I started to rub little circles on the palm of her hand. she was smiling and she looked so cute cause she was just smiling the whole dinner. then I started playing footsie with her. we had a fun great dinner. she gets along with maya and my parents in a great way.

talias pov

I got home around 7ish my parents came into my room and same old same old except this time he hit my shoulder. cameron called me to say goodnight bit I was kind of crying and he heard it.

phone convo

C-whats wrong

T-nothing

C-talia did he hit you again?

T-yes cameron. but im ok.

C- how could you be ok. I dont understand how someone could hurt you!

T-its ok cameron imma say good night. I love you so much. thanks for being there for me. I know I could trust you.

C- I love you too. goodnight.  and calk me whenever you need to ok?

T- ok bye!

C- bye!

end of convo

with that I fell asleep.

A/N

sorry if it was a crappy chapter I think it was alright. hope people liked it!

Talia