Wilted Flowers

~~~~~~Javert's POV~~~~~~~~

I watched as Évolié crumpled to the ground in front of me. I spun around.  General Grantios stood behind me, his gun smoking. 

"What have you done you idiot!?" I yelled.

"Monsuier, she was going to shoot you." The general replied.

"She was putting her gun down!"

"But she was one of them!"

"She was a child." I said.

"But monsieur-"

"Leave." I ordered

The general looked at me for a moment before turning around and rushing off. I knelt next to the child's body and pulled her up into my arms.

That's when I heard her laugh. I couldn't understand why she was laughing,  but it meant that she was alive.  I stood, the small child in my arms, and left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Évolié's POV

I didn't want to wake up.

In front of me stood a door, light flooding from it. The light was welcoming and warm. I began to walk towards it, but with every step I took, the door moved farther away.

"You can't go in there yet" said a familiar voice behind me.

"Gaveroche?" I asked as I turned around. It wad my friend,  but not like I had ever seen him. His face and hair were clean, and so were his clothes. He didn't have any scars like he used to. "Why can't I go?" I asked. "I want to be with you."

He shook his head. "Not yet. You've got too much to do. One day though. Goodbye Évolié."

Gaveroche began to fade.

"Gav wait! Don't go! I don't want to go back!" I yelled. The door in front of me slammed shut and I was once again surrounded in darkness.

---------------------------------
Author's note
Sorry for the short chapter! I have some new stuff in the works that I'm really excited for! Keep checking  my channel for new stuff! <3 you guys!