•ignorance•

Plato, an ancient philosopher, would always have stories mentioning the ignorance of humans.

'Ignorance is bliss', seemed to be a continual lesson.

I can't help but agree. If you don't know about war, starvation, and cruelty, you can be happy and stress free.

I used to be in a shell of bliss, until I hit the age of 13. My best friend of 11 years had tried to commit suicide.

I had no clue. This gave me a deep level of guilt, and I tried to stay ignorant and blissful, but that didn't work. It was selfish of me.

Everyone wants life to be blissful. People are happy and close and friendly while ignorant.

Plato used to say that people would shun philosophers because they gave the people answers, answers they didn't want to hear.

That's why Aristotle was sentenced to death by the Athenian Government, for disrupting the peace of society.

It's shameful. Truly shameful.

It's shameful that we want to be so oblivious to the heartbreak in the world, that we're willing to become violent and brutal to stay ignorant.

But... I can see why. I wanted to stay ignorant. But I can't.

Guess that's what happens when you grow up.
Ignorance is bliss, and ignorance is selfishness.

The human race has always been, and will always be selfish.

-bean