Chapter fifthteen

Akko's hold on Diana was protective and warm, making the blonde feel a bit at ease; she closed any other unwanted sound, leaning and hearing closely at the brunette's heart drumming, she slowly closed her eyes, before glancing up, watching closely at the troubled, heart-broken look in those red-blood eyes, an image that it wasn't meant to be there.

-"Akko"- Diana whispered concerned, in that moment, both girl's were too broken and afraid, to even identified what they were really feeling.

Akko glanced by the corner of her eyes, and forced at smile -"I'm fine don't worry, love"- She said, looking back at her brother's body, Diana gulped, a knot in the throat by such an empty, hurt expression.

Aloud sound came from outside the door -"Found the girls! now!"- the blonde's voice was heard, exasperated, followed by a loud hit on the door of the room they were, it hover open abruptly, startling them, Akko carefully covering the girl's mouth, that started shivering again, a terrified expression on her face.

-"Were could this bitch ran off with my girl"- the guy groaned, walking toward the body laying on the floor -"I finally beat you in something, bro"- He smirked kicking the lifeless body in the stomach, sending to plunge a few feet to move, he walked toward it again and sat on the floor looking at it -"You don't know how satisfying it was to have that tight naughty body of your beautiful girlfriend, you lost so much, oh god, I'm getting aroused by just even thinking getting, being inside her"- He moaned out.

Akko felt her heart beating, racing, and Diana notice it, gripping the girl's hand -"Don't, not yet"- the blonde whispered in the brunette's ear, knowing how much strength the guy had -"Please, I don't want to lose you"-She cried after.

The brunette's stare softened, glancing at the blonde, scanning the look the blonde had, before softly placing a hand on the girl's cheek before pulling her in, giving her a peck on the lips, and kissing her on the forehead after -"Just so you know, what he did, he is gonna pay"- She whispered closing her eyes.

The voice of the blonde broke their little world -"But don't worry, has your best friend, I won't leave you alone, I'll send that bitch of your sister with you, I wouldn't want her to take Diana away from me, like she did to you"- He snorted, before messing the boy's hair and standing up.

The sudden sound of a siren gained their attention, making Frank growl -"Who the hell called the police, must have been that bitch"- He bite his lips, rushing out of the room.

-"Diana, we can't get out trough the door, they'll catch us"- Akko quickly said, watching the faint blue, red lights of the police car -"How high is here?"- She said to herself, pulling the blonde with her toward the window, glancing down, she thought about it for a while, opening the crystal wall -"I can make this jump"- She said out loud, with a bit of light in her tone.

-"Akko, you are not thinking to..."- 

-"Oh you are so damn right about it"- She said showing the blonde a full smile, before looking at the girl with a trust-worthy light in her eyes -"Love, you have to trust in me, I'll jump first, then you do it, I promise to catch you"- She said waiting for a response.

Diana thought about it for a bit, before giving in and nodding -"Please be careful"- She said.

The brunette climbed up the frame, an looked down, breathing in and out, she glanced at the bandages that still covered her hands, before looking back down. She closed her eyes, feeling her mind with positive daring thoughts, making her body want to jump, enthusiasm filling her, before letting go, jumping off. Her hair danced up, before abruptly going down, as she arrived to the floor with an easy stop.

-"Yes!"- She screamed, and Diana smiled, the brunette looked up, meeting the scared blue pairs of eyes, before a sweet, genuine smiled crawled its way to the girl's lips -"I'll catch you, always will"- She said softly.

Diana gulped hard, but climbed up, her legs were trembling, as she was about to let go, the door open revealing the figure of the blonde boy, making the girl slip, screaming at the sudden panic that her body succumb to.

Akko rushed quickly toward the girl, feeling she wouldn't catch her 'Dammit, I shouldn't have walked a bit farther' she thought, only imagining to have to lose someone else made the girl rush quickly, catching the blonde in time. She let out a sigh, her eyes once filled with fear, soften, relief that the blonde was alright. 

-"You are so fucking dead! you worthless bitch!"- Frank howled from the window up them, and Akko only glared at him 'You have no idea who you are messing with' She thought before, glancing back at Diana in her hands, that was far from frighten.

-"Well, at least now I can tell, you have fallen for me"- Akko nervously laughed, making Diana glare at her, before shaking her head.

-"I can't believe you are flirting in a time like this"- She scoff in this belief, before chuckling.

_" I just want you to relax a bit, love"- Akko said.

The sound of footsteps, and branches breaking caused the brunette abruptly turn around, hugging the blonde toward her, while looking around the dark bushes with her guard up.