two

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Damn it!" Valarie hisses as she walks— more like trips— into Luke's diner. She took a moment to scan the room, and she notices a very irritated Luke. "Val! Oh my god, you're back." He says, rushing over to the girl from behind the counter.

"Yeah." The blonde states quietly, waiting for the rest of Luke's reaction. Which of course is going to be angry."When did you get back? Harrison is going to freak!" He exclaims. Valarie could tell he wasn't mad her her per say, Luke was just worried.

"No kidding." The girl responds letting out a small scoff. His statement irked her, because she knew her father was angry and she didn't need people to tell her that.

"And why the hell were you gone so long? Why didn't you ever call?" He says quickly, without pausing. "Woah, dude! Cool it with the third degree. I didn't realize this was an interrogation." Val scoffs at him, crossing her arms in a defensive manor. 

"You know the whole summer I've had to hear about your father's problems." Luke tells her in a irritated tone. "And I've had to here about yours!" Lorelai chimes in from the counter.

"Hey Lorelai, I didn't even notice you." Valarie snickers at her, prompting the dark haired women to roll her eyes. 

Luke ushers Val over to the counter where Lorelai sits. She take the stool to the right of the older woman and Luke takes his spot behind the counter. As he pours Val a cup of coffee, he and Lorelai continue their conversation from before.

"So, how is he?" Lorelai questions, the eagerness evident in her tone. "He's fine" Luke responds dully. Meanwhile Valarie casually sits back, sipping her coffee, while watching their exchange.

"Did he see the bed?" Lorelai questions,  again. "He saw the bed." Luke responds once more with barely any emotion. "I wanna meet him. Where is he?" Lorelai replies practically jumping out of her seat.  

"Meet who?"  Valarie questions, finally interjecting.  

"My nephew" "Luke's nephew " Luke and Lorelai say in unison."Oh, yeah I met him earlier in your apartment." The blonde says, brushing her bangs out of her face. "You met him? And you were in my apartment, when?" Luke ask his eyes practically bugging out of his head.

"A little while ago." Val waves him off like it's not a big deal. "By the way I got all the way to your house realized I didn't have my keys." She turns to Lorelai, irritated that she couldn't get her things.

"Sorry sweets." She says sympathetically."When I leave I will drive you to my place and we can get your stuff." She promises with a smile. Valarie gives her the 'okay' sign and she continues talking to Luke. 

"Anyway you didn't answer my question. Where is he?" Lorelai starts again with her questions."He's out." Luke tells her. "Out where?" She asks frantically. 

"I don't know." Luke answers her with a roll of his eyes at her behavior. "You didn't ask him where he was going?" She says with her head slightly tilted.

"No." He answers shortly. "Well, why not?" She questions again, causing Luke to furrow his brows. "Because he's not two years old." He responds, completely fed up.