Chapter 1

Percy POV
I pushed open the door to my moms apartment and I immediately realized something was off.

I looked in to see an old wrinkly man who had a long white beard and appeared to be wearing... A bathrobe?

He was sitting on the couch and looked up at me with a small smile. My mom sat in the armchair.

"Hello Perseus, I am Professor Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbldore." the old man said.

The fact that he said Perseus, immediately had me on edge. Usually that name was reserved for gods and those who want to kill me.

I studied him for a moment and then said, "I go by Percy."

I also noticed that my mom hasn't even acknowledged that I was home or even that myself or the old man were even here.

He followed my line of sight and said, "She can't here or see us. She didn't know you're here or that I'm here."

I raised an eyebrow at that. "What do you want?"

"Well Percy, I am here to talk to you about your grandfather." he said.

Worry then coursed through me and my eyes widened. Did he know? "what about him?" I replied a bit to quickly.

The man- Dumbledore, seemed to take note of this reaction. "Well he's killed alot of innocent people and quite frankly is, evil, for lack of a better term."

So he did know. "If you know about him, than are you like me?" I inquired.

"ah, so you do know of magic. Yes I am a wizard much like yourself." A wizard? What?

He must've seen the confusion on my face. "You know of magic but not the fact that you're a wizard? Interesting."

So he didn't know about kronos and the gods. Nice job Percy almost let the secrecy of the gods slip.

"Let me explain this to you. You, Perseus Riddle, are a wizard capable of extraordinary things."

(A/N: according Rick Riordan on twitter, Percy has no middle name. :P Look it up)

Riddle? He thinks my last name is riddle? "you must be looking for someone else. My last name isn't Riddle."

He raised an eyebrow at that and leaned forward. "Are you not the child of Sally Riddle?"

"I'm the child of Sally Jackson, not Sally Riddle." I said as I denied it.

Dumbledore gave a warm smile. "So Sally changed her surname. Probably a smart thing to do."

"And why it's it a smart thing to do?" I asked.

"Well, many may wish to do her harm, since her father has taken much from them." he replied in a sad tone.

"And as to why I am here, well we had found out about you and think you could be a valuable asset to our cause. We also didn't want Lord Voldemort to get ahold of you."

"Voldemort? The name sounds pretty stupid if you ask me. But I'm not going anywhere pal. I've got a life here." I retorted. I have no intentions of going anywhere if I didn't have to.