Merthur AU chapter 3

After work the next day, I waited for him outside the library wearing a button-down shirt, blue jeans and a pair of black converse. I did not have to wait for long. Approaching me, he was wearing a red polo shirt, beige jeans, and Nike shoes. Someone not being Arthur would have looked pretty lame, but Arthur rocked it. Of course he did. The shirt hugged his muscles exactly where they should, his trouser were perfect for him, and his hair looked so damn good on him. He was the definition of hot.

"Hey, handsome," he said when we were close enough. "You look extremely hot right now; I might get a boner if you don't turn your hotness down a little." He handed me a takeaway teacup from the shop down the street. Thinking about what to reply, he kissed the tip of my nose. Blushing, I came up with the perfect answer.

"You have to turn off your hotness system; the sun will get jealous. Plus soon we will have two boners to deal with." The answer sounded so much better in my head, but still, I smirked at him, and he smirked back, smugly. To show everyone else that we were on a proper date, he grabbed my hand and held it tight in his. His palm felt nice, rubbing up and down mine as we walked.  He led me around the corner and two quarters the next street, before we climbed into a cab. Not creepy at all, I swear.

"And this cab would take us where exactly?" I asked curiously. He smiled at me, and pecked my nose. "You'll see. I want it to be a secret." Curious and wondering, I looked smugly over at him. His arm was around my shoulder and I was leaning into his side. Not caring whether my shirt got wrinkled or not, I let my shoulder fall long down his side, and closed my eyes. It had been a long day; empty without any Arthur in the library. "You just sleep, it's quite a long way to where we are going" he whispered softly in my ear, kissing my hair. And I was fast asleep.

Arthur kissed every inch of my face to wake me up, how sweet. Groggy, I caught a glimpse of the landscape outside the taxi. Eyes wide and mouth gaping, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Roller coasters, clowns, popcorn, a big Ferris wheel, ice cream; we were at an amusement park! Arthur helped me out of the car, laughing at my shocked face. "Close your mouth, dear, you'll catch flies" he chuckled. Closing my mouth, I noticed something; there were almost no one here, just some old couples, a few children and the employees.

"Where are all the people?" I wondered out loud. "This park is remarkably unknown for its greatness. Not everyone knows about it. It is kind of sad actually. I used to come here with my parents, before, you know." He took my hand. "Are you ready?" "I was born ready" I grinned at him, and we ran into the park.

We ran towards the first thing we saw; a huge rollercoaster. I have always loved roller coasters, even the really big ones. This one had five loops and lots of down hills. Never would I forget the rush of the first loop, Arthur was looking at me and I at him. Eyes filled with pure joy and excitement. Always would I recall the last-minute fear that fills you at the top of the first top point, just before it is all down and more down. But mostly would I remember the kiss Arthur and I shared in the end. The kiss was a relieved one; relieved as in, wow I'm happy we didn't die up there, let us kiss to celebrate it!

Next was the carrousel, we sat on two horses right beside each other, holding hands in-between. I had a red one, he had a blue one. Staring into each other's eyes, we small talked and kissed a little. The sky was darkening, and the other people were leaving, even some of the staff left. The lights were turned on, and the park looked magical. We ate supper in the light of the stars and the park, watching the sun set far, far away from us. Talking and telling jokes all evening is, after all, one of my favourite things in the world.

After that, we had a lovely ride in the love rollercoaster. When the ride was finished, I was really glad there was no one around. My trousers were getting uncomfortable, my hair messy, and my face flustered. One could say the same about Arthur, though. If anyone had seen the state of us, they would have known that we had both been touched in places we weren't used to be touched in. And more than anything, I was slowly falling in love with this blond, blue-eyed, lionhearted fool.