Bonus Story

Death Was The Tale It Told

My eyes glazed over, my heart slowed down in my chest, my breaths became more uneven and ragged. Then it stopped and I could feel myself fading into the afterlife, all because of it.

They always said my curiosity would be the death of Twh me, they were right. I summon the memories of that night, my last night. Bringing those thoughts to the surface I revoke the gruesome tale of how I ended up bleeding out on a cobblestone path, in the centre of a discarded, unstable building.

Snap. I felt a twig collapse under the weight of my body as I trecked further onwards into the forest. The nocturnal light of the moon rained down upon the canopy of the trees, only random spots managing to reach down to the ground around my feet. Sluggishly, I squirmed my way through some undergrowth, toothpick sized knives pricking me. I winced at the pain that it ignited.

I sagged in relief once I could breathe freely again, after being constricted to such a tight space for a few moments. In the distance I could hear a faint noise, something unearthly, my eyes snapped to the origin of the sound. It was like a sirens call, reeling me in, angelic and melodious, the prefect song.

As my feet walked unconsciously towards the sound, I could feel my body moved in perfect sync with the music, it was apart of me now. All of a sudden, I could start to hear an uncanny sound rip through the meticulous song. Barely noticeable at first, I remained oblivious to it until it began pounding in my head. Like a demon trying to escape the prison that was my skull.

I no longer walked towards that noise, instead I scrambled back, praying that if i got far enough away, the pain would dissipate. Stumbling blindly I knocked into a tree, I screamed, the object seemed so foreign, but it was mind that was foreign. Mad, I thought, I'm going mad, insane, off my block, if one soul catches word of this I'll be locked up in a mad house in just a click of your fingers. They'll think I'm a demon or the spawn of Satan and that this is a sign from God that I need to be detained.

My neighbourhood is supustious, they believe in witches and ghouls, demons and monsters, mermaids and dragons. I'm not like them, that's why I came here, into this profound forest. To prove a point.

I collapse to the floor, scratching at my head with blunt nails, panting. The pressure it was putting on me was unimaginable, I should have collapsed long ago. For some reason though, I didn't , my delicate form prevailed  through this head on attack.

I let out one last bloodcurdling, nightmarish scream before the excruciating pain vanished. Once my eye had focused I let them wonder around my new setting, I had clearly covered a large amount of ground when I was under that, trance. Instead of being surrounded by shrubbery and tress, I was on the very edge of the forest.

What lay ahead of me was a cobblestone path, each piece jagged, crammed into the path with no expertise. The winding strip lead up to an archway, looming over the path, a symbol of death I had been told. It was hidden in the shadow of what I perceived to be a neglected church.  Ivory wrapped around the walls, shrubbery seeping through each crack, the once proud tower collapsed, sullen and forlorn.

With cautious steps, I silently make my way along the marked out path. I glanced around, I had a paranoid feeling of eyes on the back of head, the very thought erupted a shiver. I passed through the archway, a perplexed sensation erupting in my gut, but still I continued onwards.

I should have turned back, given in to my cowardly side, once I stepped out of the other side of that archway, my fate was sealed. I had entered a forsaken land, where death was the only tale it had ever told.

As i went to round the last corner to get into the church, I saw a speck of white outdo the corner of my peripheral vision. I slammed myself into the wall, I made myself appear as small as possible. I dared to take   a peak and this is what I saw. Three masked women walked out of the church, they wore white gowns which floated to the ground. It gave the impression that they were levitating, if I couldn't here there feet on the cobbles. There was an erie calculated precision to each of their steps, as if it planned before hand.

It created the impression that they were levaiting, I would have believed they were if I hadn't heard the sound of their feet on the cobbles. There was an erie calculated preciosn to each of the steps they took. It paralyzed me, fear overtook my body, making me imobile. I instinctively knew they were foes, a higher power told me so.

One of the heads whipped round towards me, locking eyes with me - or, at least where I thought the creatures eyes would be. That's when the adrenaline kicked in, survival instincts, I ran. I ran as fast as my feet would carry me, but it was never enough. I glanced behind me and saw nothing. This only scared me further, I had lost track of them, they could be anywhere.

I aimed towards the archway, trying to retrace my steps. Finally reaching it, I started to relax, I was going to make to make it. Then out of no where one of them appeared, looking over me menacingly. I fll to the ground, shrieking at the top of my lungs. It tore the mask off, reavling what lay beneath. 

Blood shot eyes, - every vein a dark, crimson red - a scar went from its jaw to forehead cutting across the side of its face.  A sunken face, aged before it's time, like it had been left out in the sun to rot and shrivel up. Up close I noticed the stains on it's gown, blood. Blood of people like me, I would just be another victim of its savage need or cruel obsession. It had black teeth, sharp as daggers, they wouldn't have looked out of place in a piranhas mouth. It let out a guttural, primitive roar and I quacked as it resonated through me.

My heart wanted to escape me, thumping against it's cage, my chest heaved with heavy breaths, panic painted on my face. Before I could even comprehend escape, the monster had grabbed my hood and was starting to drag me back towards the church. I thrashed in its clutches, screaming and crying hysterically. I pleaded with it, I didn't want to die. I managed to get the jacket off of me and I scrambled of my feet in record timing. It was a feral attempt though, as soon as I went to run away I felt a sharp object connect with my head. I fell limp, black spots invading my vision. Everything went hazy, I tried to shake it off but it wouldn't leave me.

I felt myself being tossed over a shoulder, the air being knocked out of me. I was helpless. I passed out.

I was brought back to reality when something slapped me across my face, I spat out blood. I jerked upwards and was greeted with a horrific sight, all three of them had discarded their masks and they were staring directly at me. I was on the centre of the church, the moon directly above me, putting me in its spot light. They were repeating the same sentence again and again under their breath in an ancient language. I didn't dare move and give them a reason to kill me. Once they had finished their chant they circled me, before one of them retrieved a sword from a sheath I had ignored until that moment.

I couldn't speak, I tried to, but I couldn't. I wanted to plead for my life, make a deal, but I couldn't speak. My voice had disappeared to a far of land, leaving me grasping my hands together and groveling at their feet.

I felt it's sword drive through me, purposely missing my heart, it went into my stomach. I stared at the sword poking out of my chest, I coughed up blood. Excruciating pain ripped me apart, a burning sensation exploded in me, the acid spilled from my stomach, making  me feel as though I was on fire. They pulled it out and I gasped, a velvet liquid flowed out of the gaping wound. The one missing an eye pulled out a cup and filled it to the rim. Then they left me, bleeding out on a cobblestone path, in the centre of a discarded, unstable building.

My eyes glazed over, my heart slowed down in my chest, my breaths became more uneven and ragged. Then it stopped and I could feel myself fading into the afterlife, all because of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note:

Hi, I won't do this again I just wanted to get your opinion on this short horror story I did in my spare time. I will update the original book tomorrow this is just something extra. So please let me know what you think. ♡

- Spongeboblaugh