Chapter 1

***Date: 6/13/1816***

Anne ran her small right hand along the mahogany cabinet that sat against the wall, in the long hallway lined with doors of the servants quarters. She continued to walk down the corridor, being lead by a blonde haired servant. She held a candle in her left hand, lighting the way just enough as they walked.

"Right this way" her voice was quiet and mellow as she turned a corner. After walking a few more yards she stopped in front of a door. Anne opened her mouth to speak.

"Thank you Ms. Oden" she spoke towards the blonde girl, having been already introduced at the door awhile ago.

"Please, call me Samantha. And it's my pleasure Ms. Bandock" She paused before speaking once more while pointing down the hall "I sleep a few doors down on the right, so if there is ever anything you need, please let me know" Anne smiled before nodding.

"Alright Samantha, thank you. And you can just call me Anne" Samantha also smiled before nodding.

"Very well, I'll see you in the morning, and show you around so that you can find everything when it's needed."

"I'd appreciate that. And good night" Samantha whispered back a quick 'good night's before disappearing down the long hallway with the candle lighting her way.

Anne let out a small sigh before taking a step into the room she will be staying in for hopefully quite a long while. A single bed sat against the back wall under an average sized window. An oak dresser stood in the left corner along with a chest at the foot of the bed, which was quite perfect.

Slowly set the bag she was holding onto the wooden chest, Anne sat down on the bed while sighing for the third time since her arrival. She then whispered to herself while studying the room.
"Home sweet home" She turned her head to look out the window at the half moon shining in through the glass, casting shadows across the floor. Leaning back against the bed, Anne let her tired eyes close, and drifted into a dreamless sleep.

---------------------------------------------

Thank you for choosing to read this book! I hope you liked it so far, but please don't give up on me yet, for there is more to come!