Just a Phase

A special day of the year! 

 Curious? Read along..

Weeks passed by, days passed by and here it is! A day we all dread inside , but manage to impress others! Quite special indeed! 

But for me? I prefer calling it as just 'Another Day in my  Life'.

My day started off with waking up to absolutely no surprise of any sort. Infact I slept at 23:56 the previous night,  not wanting to become yet another victim of endless texts and calls from n number of people who get updated each year via Facebook or any other social media platform. To me , sleep is important and I know when and how to set priorities, sleep being definitely one of them.

By now, you must have got an idea of what I've been talking about. Yes! It's my Birthday!

Today is my birthday....the day when I came into existance , 22 years back. 

We are all expected to have the craziest of parties, dress up sexy, get drunk all night and empty our pockets at the age of 22.

Not one cares about YOU! Trust me! You end up being just a slave serving them. In this case, a richer slave to the povert (pervert-not all of them though :)) Kings to whom you are chained to, on that special day.

Jokes apart.. it really is a fact! I wasn't joking at all! Duh!

Well, I am definitely not an introvert, if you've imagined me in your head as one, by reading all these thoughts. I am just another person who is tired of the stereotypical birthday celebrations. Birthdays to me, are something which reminds someone of how far they have come in life and their abilities to do much better in the forthcoming days. It should be a day when he/she has fun (No play and all work makes Jack, a sick-boring person! :P) and also when he/she does what they want to! Isn't that obvious? 

So, on my 22nd birthday, I chose to make innumerable plans to travel! Yes, cos I am fond of travelling! I planned for a solo trip to a beautiful surreal place named "Bidar" which is known for its Mughal monuments and believe me, their architectural beauty is to die for!

Everything was set, the previous day! The plan, the timings, the budget and the props! (though I couldn't borrow a selfie stick). The D-day was just a few hours away and then the time had come! The most important part - Convincing your "Indian" parents about a SOLO trip! Aaaaaand it happened! 

They said "No" :)

It was that simple for them! Shattering their baby girl's dreams is what any Indian parent would do when safety is taken into consideration. The next few hours went by as some serious REMORSE TIME!! 

.

.

Speechless? I was indeed speechless cos I was crying terribly and was gasping for air, thus decreasing my ability to perform other body functions like Talking! -_- 

Maybe God had taken the literal meaning to make this day for me - Just "Another Day in my life".....

Want to know what happened next? Tune-in!