11

Tim smiled at the others as he walked back to the table, mug of hot coffee clenched tightly in his hands.

It was going off without a hitch. The plan wasn't elaborate or anything. Just enough to hopefully get Jaime to ask Bart out.

They were sitting down next to each other, the epitome of perfection. Bart was all over Jaime, leaning against him, joking with him. Well, pretty much flirting.

Tim sat down next to Garfield and started sipping his coffee. Everything was going according to plan.

"Dude, you look evil. Stop." Gar said.

"Stop what?" Tim grinned, taking another sip, "I'm not doing anything."

"Dude!" He laughed, "Can you two lovebirds see this?"

"Wait what?" Bart said.

Gar grinned, "Yup!" Then he chirped like a canary, "Loooooovebirds!"

Tim sipped his coffee, nudging Gar under the table as a warning. He seemed to get the hint and leaned back into the seat with a huff.

Jaime and Bart went back to what they were doing before.

"Dude, aren't they dating yet?" Gar whispered to Tim.

"No, but I'm working on it. I just need to find out if they like each other, after that it'll be easier than breathing."

"When did you become a matchmaker?"

"When..." He started sassily, "I don't know, actually."

He pushed up his sunglasses a little more, feeling them start to slide down his face. Everybody at this table knew who he was, but Bruce didn't know that. And he wasn't going to find out. Ever.

Tim didn't want to die.

He put down his half-drunken coffee. When did that start? Ever since his parents, he'd had this part of him that wanted to join them. This little nagging thought that was slowly breaking him down.

But it was gone now? This was weird. Tim had grown used to it and it's antics. He wasn't used to not having it around.

Or maybe he was and just hadn't realised.

"Let's play truth or dare!" Gar exclaimed, snapping Tim from his thoughts, "Tim! Truth or dare!"

But this is a public place...

He let a small sigh pass his lips, "Truth." He wasn't going to risk a dare. Gar had the most embarrassing ones. It was like he just came up with them in his spare time.

Actually, that sounded about right.

Garfield huffed a little, "Fine. Um... Who're you into?"

"No one. My turn... Uh, Bart, truth or dare?"

He grinned widely, "Dare."

Tim smirked. Thank you Gar.

"I dare you to kiss Jaime."

"Ese, you don't have to." Jaime said quickly, shooting a glare at Tim. He'd probably be thanking Tim later.

Bart shrugged in response.

He got onto his knees so he could reach then immediately aimed for Jaime's lips. It didn't seem like Jaime was expecting that, because he was a little slow to respond. But when he did, well, Tim considered actually getting them a room somewhere. It seemed like they'd need it pretty soon.

Bart pulled away and breathed a little heavily. Thank god. They were probably about to suffocate.

Although it didn't seem like either of them minded.