In the begining......

After his ship docks at port, the Captain steps off the ship and head toward the tavern. The first thing the Captain noticed once inside, was the bartender. He was quite tall, around 6' to be exact, and rather handsome. As the Captain studies the rest of the bar, two of his ship mates had followed him inside, Arabel and Athula, his two best fighters and two of the six he had saved from the old pirate queen. The old queen's name was Constance and she was vile and cruel. She was queen no longer; hung for her crimes of piracy and treason. Now this Captain is the new pirate king, but what is this mans name? He is Mardek Ampora, 5'8", 'the Salty Sea dog'. The king takes what he wants, when he wants it, no exceptions and no complaints. Or at least, thats what they all say about him. Right now, he wants the bartender and that cute little waitress who had shown him and his crew mates in. He wants them to be the new additions to his crew, and he intends to see them join his voyage.

The Captain strolls up to the bar and strikes up a conversation with the bartender. His name is Castor Captor, an Australian man who had just moved to France not even a week ago. The only help he had was from a woman he had called 'the Maiden'. Perfect, the Captain thought to himself, "Perhaps you and this 'Maiden' friend of yours would like to join me on a quest?" Mardek asks, leaning against the bar.

"I'd have to ask her, mate." Castor smirks slightly and calls the waitress over, a small woman around 5'2".

"What do you need Cas? Is my shift ending early?" She looks to Mardek, giving him a quick questioning glance. "Who is this?"

Castor opens his mouth to answer Maiden's question, but is cut off when Mardek bows to her, taking her hand and kissing the back of it, "Mardek Ampora. At your service Miss Maiden."

She smirks and chuckles softly, "Aradia. Didn't Cas tell you that?" Her thick German accent was hard to understand, but it was nothing compared to the French members of his crew. Those damn accents.

Mardek stands and chuckles softly. "As you wish. Now the pleasantries are out of the way, back to business. As I had asked this dashing young man," he motions to Castor, a faint blush dusting the Australian man's cheeks, "My colleagues and I were wondering if the two of you would like to join us on a quest?"

Aradia ponders this request for a moment before looking to Castor. "Well? What do you think?"

Castor smiles softly. "I don't see why not."

Mardek smiles at the two of them before motioning to Arabel and Athula. "Then let us go, there is much we must do before setting off!" The five travel back to Mardek's ship and climb aboard, only to be stopped by a giant of a man, almost 8 and a half feet tall.

"Mardek, what is with the new ones? I thought you said we had too many already.." The taller man states, his french accent almost impossible to understand at first, but after thinking about it for a bit, the parts and pieces fell into place.

"Oh calm down Markin, that is no way to speak to our guests. Now, if you would be so kind as to introduce yourself, it would be much appreciated."

Markin rolls his eye, but compiles with the Captain's request. "Markin Makara...at his..." He motions to Mardek. "...service.."

The Captain smiles "See, not that hard! If you could go inform Zeanon that we have a new pair of members on board for me?"

Markin sighs and nods "Fine.."

After Markin departs to the lower decks and Mardek, Aradia, Castor, Arabel and Athula board the ship. Mardek tells Castor and Aradia to wait in his quarters, then begins giving orders to the rest of the crew, who dutifully follow those orders. The ship soon departs from the docks and once out far enough into the sea, Mardek returns to Castor and Aradia in his quarters. "If the two of you would like, you may now roam about on deck."

Aradia didn't seem convinced that this Captain was really this nice, but she would play along for now. Castor, on the other hand, was pleased that he was on a ship again. He loved the sea and as soon as Mardek had told them they go out on deck, he smiled and stood up, walking out of the Captain's cabin and onto the deck, walking over to the railing to look out at the water. Castor smiles and rests his hands on the railing, breathing in the ocean's scent. "It's been far too long, my old friend.." Castor says to no one in particular.

"And who, exactly is your 'old friend', boy?" A new, Russian accented, voice asks, causing Castor to turn around.

"The sea, but who exactly are you?" Castor replies to the crew member, a man who was not much taller than himself.

"Zenon Zahhak, I'll be your chef for this voyage. You're castor, right?" Zeanon asks, lifting his goggles from his eyes into his long, black hair.

"That's right, it's nice to meet you" Castor smiles lightly. He didn't mind that this was a pirate ship, he was just glad to be out at sea again.

"The Captain seems to have taken a liking to you, Castor. I can tell by the way he's looking at you." Zeanon smirks a bit, looking over at the Captain at the helm.

Castor turns to follow Zeanon's gaze, looking over at Mardek.

Mardek barely catches Castor's eye, a soft blush tinting the Captain's cheeks as he looks back out at the water.

Castor smiles softly and turns back to Zeanon. "Do you know where Aradia and I will be sleeping? It has been a long day and I would like to get settled in."

"The Captain would like for you to stay in his room, your friend shall be staying in her own room near Arabel and Athula's own." Zeanon answers as Aradia passes by.

"And where exactly is that?" Aradia questions, Athula, seemingly coming from nowhere, wraps an arm around Aradia's shoulders, a catlike grin gracing her slender face.

"Come with me and I'll show you" Athula nearly purrs, taking one of Aradia's hands, dragging the other along before she could answer.

"Well, I suppose there's no arguing with the Captain, now is there?" Castor chuckles, turning to return to the Captain's room. "See you at dinner time, Zeanon!"

__End of Chapter 1__