So soon?

After everything was cleaned up, Aradia wanted to discuss dinner plans with Zeanon alone, wanting to surprise the rest of the crew with their combined expertise, so Castor returned above deck on his own. His original plan was to back to Mardek’s cabin and read that book some more, but got sidetracked and went to the railing to look out at the sea with a sigh.

“It’s beautiful out tonight, wouldn’t you agree?” Mardek said as he came up from behind Castor and stood next to him, startling the poor boy.

After regaining a normal breathing pattern again, he punched Mardek’s arm lightly. “Don’t sneak up on me like that, Mardek!”

Mardek chuckles “I couldn’t resist, Castor! You seemed a bit lost in thought and I wanted to know if you wanted to talk about it.” ‘The look on your face was adorable...’ The pirate thought.

“Did I? Well...before dinner, I went into your..well I suppose it’s our cabin for now, isn’t it...” Castor shakes his head, “But that’s beside the point, while I was in there, I found a book, and was curious, so I sort of just sat down at your desk and started reading..”

Mardek raises an eyebrow. “A book? You’ll have to be more specific, love.. I have several books and chart logs..”

Castor shakes his head. “I..I can’t be sure, but I know that it wasn’t a normal book or chart log”

“Perhaps you could show me which one it was? I might be able to remember where I got it from then.”

Castor nods and follows after Mardek into the Captain’s quarters, heading over to the desk once inside.

“Let’s see now… Ah! This one.” Castor smiles slightly and takes the book he had been reading earlier off the shelf, handing it to Mardek. “That’s odd… I don’t remember putting it back..”

Mardek raises an eyebrow and looks the book over. “That’s strange… I don’t recall ever seeing this book before...” He murmurs, handing the book back.

“Hm.. Well it can’t be that bad, it is just a book, after all.” Castor smiles, returning it to the shelf. “I think we should get some rest, it’s been a long day, wouldn’t you think?”

Mardek nods a bit, motioning to the bed. “You take the bed, I can just sleep on my desk chair.”

“You’re joking right? No. That’s not an option. Now come on.” Without another word, he pushes Mardek onto the bed, earning a small, surprised gasp from the pirate.

“O-oi! This is my ship an’ I make the…...rules..” Mardek had paused, due to Castor crawling on top of the pirate, more or less murmuring the last part under his breath. “What are you gettin’ at, Castor?”

Castor smirks slightly and lays down on top of Mardek, ensuring there was no escape for the Captain. “What am I getting at? I can assure you, Mardek, I only want you to be comfortable. But...” He says softly, getting up to sit next to the Captain instead of lay on him. “...if it makes you uncomfortable-”

“No! I mean...of course not.. What would give you that idea..?” Mardek said, a light blush on his face. He wraps his arms around Castor’s waist, pulling the other back down.

What has gotten into you, Mardek? Something about the australian man just made you like this, you thought...like there was an odd warmth inside you wherever he touched your skin...something that made your heart flutter when he smiled in your direction…

Castor smirks slightly and turns in Mardek’s hold, cuddling up close to the pirate with a soft sigh. “You’re really warm, Mar...perhaps we should lose a few layers of clothing?”

Mardek’s blush only worsened at this suggestion. “If you’re flirtin’, it’s comin’ on real strong, Cas...”

Castor chuckles and sits up again, shedding off his shirt before moving off of Mardek’s lap so the pirate could follow suit.

Mardek sighs softly and sits up. “You’re not gonna lay back down until I strip, are you..?” And after Castor shakes his head, Mardek really had no choice but to comply, unclipping his cape before draping it over a nearby chair. He then takes his rougher over shirt off, followed by the lighter undershirt.

Castor couldn’t keep his eyes off the Captain as he undressed, his eyes traveling each of the scars on Mardek’s abdomen, back and chest, some of them lighter than others. He had to admit, the scars only added to the Captain’s attractiveness.

You too Castor? What was it about this man that made you feel like this….was it the tone in his voice? That slightly strong British accent that was, admittedly, not that different than your own?

As Mardek turned to lay back down on the bed, he caught the look in Castor’s eyes and the light blush on the australian man’s face and smirks slightly. “See somethin’ ya like, love?”

Castor blushed a bit darker, unaware of his staring. “Well, I, ah….p-perhaps I do...” He murmurs the last part, hoping Mardek didn’t hear, but he doubted he’d have such luck.

Mardek chuckles softly, surprisingly not hearing the last bit of Castor’s words, and lays down, offering for the other to lay down on top of him again.

Castor smiles a bit and lays down, cuddling close again, an arm across the pirate’s abdomen, the other snuck under the Captain’s neck. His smile grows slightly as he feels Mardek wrap his arms around him as well, blushing a bit more as he feels the Captain press a soft kiss to his forehead.

“Sleep well, Cas..”

“Y-yeah.. Sleep well, Mar..”

__End of Chapter 3__