Epilogue

One Year Later
Camila's P.O.V

Aunt Maria stayed with Lauren's family

When I first explained what happened to my parents, they laughed. According to them Aunt Maria was still up in her room, living peacefully. I kept trying to tell that wasn't true, but they didn't believe me. Even with Lucy and Dinah backing me up, they still didn't believe it. It wasn't until my dad noticed less movement in Aunt Maria's room the next couple of days that he came to me, demanding that I tell him what really happened. I again told him that she had returned to the sea as a mermaid, and was staying with my mermaid girlfriend and her family. I mean, what part of that couldn't he understand?

Soon, I did convince both my parents to come with me down to Opal Beach. They believed me once they saw Aunt Maria. Their faces were priceless. Mom had even fainted. Once she had woken up, Aunt Maria explained everything to them, and everything was right. Well, except for one thing. Lauren and I's relationship. We could only do this for so long. One of us had to give up something sooner or later. I had to give up the land, or Lauren had to give up the sea. After a very long, very serious, and very very boring talk, we all decided that I would spend the rest of the summer in the ocean, and then return to school as a human. With the help of Aunt Maria (she created a charm for me), I could do both. After I had gotten a taste of both worlds, I decided that being a mermaid was the best for me.

When I was a mermaid, I felt more secure and confidante in myself. Ironically, my tail was the same dark blue color of the bikini Dinah made me get at the beginning of the summer. So I didn't have to worry about a top to wear. With my tail being blue, my skin also started to tint blue. It was a cool effect. Although, the people at school thought I was on some weird drugs.

It had been harder to tell Dinah I wanted to stay a mermaid. I mean, she was just so important to me. My best friend. My sister even. But, in a strange twist of fate, I didn't have to morn being away from her! Dinah had caught herself a merman. His name is Apollo. Apollo was visiting some relatives that lived near by from the Aegean Sea. Apollo lived up to his name. He had the brightest, most dazzling, golden tail I have ever seen. Apollo was also very handsome. He had thick, black hair, pretty lips, and a straight, long nose. If I wasn't lesbian I would probably have a crush on him. Dinah was a very lucky girl. Dinah had too decided to join the merfolk.

So that's how we ended up here. Dinah, Lauren, and I were staying with Apollo at his home back in the Aegean Sea. It was amazing! We were in merfolk Greece for crying out loud!

While touring the city, I gazed at Lauren, and saw her sweet smile. She loved Apollo's home. I knew she wanted to to stay here permenantly. She loved the feel the water had here. I softly grabbed her face and kissed her. While I kissed her, I realized something. I have never felt more at home, more happy, more loved, than when I was with Lauren. I know I'll never regret leaving the land for her. I'll never regret anything while I'm with her.