Chapter Thirteen

A/N: I'm so sleepy... I can't even brain what the hell I'm typing now...

I awoke to a girlish scream coming from in front of me. This caused me to bolt up, lose my balance and fall onto the floor, dragging half of the sheets with me. The pain surged through my body almost as if I were struck by lightning, this made me lie flat on my back. Groaning in pain, I struggled to roll onto my side so that I wouldn't apply pressure on the area which hurt.

"Adrian! Why?!" I heard Ian shout from the top of the bed.

"What do you mean by 'Why'? I'm the one who got hurt!" I retorted. "What the hell was that for?"

"Take a look at yourself damnit!" he shouted back in reply.

It was then did I realise what I was wearing. Nothing. Well, almost, I still had my underwear on but for some reason I did not have another clothes on me. This was very shocking as I had clearly remembered putting on my shirt once more before sleeping last night. The sheets covered most of my body but I couldn't help but feel rather exposed and violated at the time. My suspicions towards Ian doing something were immediately dropped as I saw him covering himself fully in the remaining sheets that were on the bed.

Slowly, I got up onto my feet with the help of the bed frame and finally was able to take small steps towards where I was originally sleeping. Wincing at every step I took, I approached the couch that I was sleeping on and saw that my clothes were gone. There were no signs of them anywhere, even my shoes! Instead, I saw little, faded footprints around the couch that led up to the bed in which Ian was sleeping in.

"Ian? Was anyone in here last night?"

"Not that I could remember. The last thing I remember was you and me entered the room and uh..."

"Um, yeah..."

We fell silent for a moment before resuming our investigation.

"These look like they were from the villagers," he concluded as he stood up straight.

"How can you tell?" I asked him.

"Well, while you were distracted and were highly intoxicated with whatever the hell you were drinking, I was trying to figure out where we were since the town felt rather weird to be in," he spoke calmly.

"Ian, I didn't drink anything yesterday," I told him. "It must've been those chocolates that were from those trees in the forest."

"The liquor in the chocolates must've had some magical property which causes people to fall in love."

"Love in first sight you mean."

"Yeah, that. Hm... Interesting," he muttered to himself.

I walked around the room, searching every nook and cranny just to see if there were any clues left. While searching, I stumbled upon a part of the wall where the wallpaper seemed a little off. Curious, I started pulling at it and it easily came off, revealing a door behind it. Once I threw aside the wallpaper, I opened the door and it revealed a huge walk in closet with clothes ranging from the medieval times to the what I presumed to be the future.

"Hey, Ian! Come here and check this out!" I called out to him.

When he finally reached my side, I cautiously took one step in and saw that the place was surprisingly in good condition, almost no dust or any signs of breaking down whatsoever. Once the both of us were assured that it was safe enough to walk through, we hurriedly searched for something to wear since we wanted to get out of this area immediately.

While searching through, something dark caught my attention from the corner of my eye and drew me towards it. As soon as I came to it, I pulled it off the rack and saw that it was a sleek, midnight black suit and matching pants along with a dark, ocean blue vest and slightly faded white shirt. It looked rather enticing as per the dark colours and I decided to wear this before I go and meet Ian once more.

- Changes into the new clothes -

The material feels rather soft against my skin and it fit well on me considering I my body being rather well built and such. I start searching for Ian only to meet him at the front of the room. I saw that he was wearing something similar to me, only difference was that his suit was thinly striped by white lines and his vest had thin dark blue lines vertically marking it. We were just about to say something about how each other looked when we heard footsteps coming from outside that room.

Quietly, we snuck over to the door and listened hard to hear if anyone were outside the room, blocking our only escape route. We heard some hushed whispers and it was almost impossible to make out what they were saying.

"Hold on," I heard Ian whisper beside me.

He silently mouthed a spell which he cast onto the door which enabled us to listen to everything that was happening on the other side of the door. Once he was done, we rushed towards the door once more to listen to the private conversation.

"Once those two remain together we can finally carry out the ritual," we heard a female speak.

"And as soon as the sacrifice is done, we can finally escape this world," another voice spoke.

"And we can finally spread our love, whether anyone likes it," a younger voice spoke, "or not," it completed with the sound of the swishing of a blade.

For a moment, my breath was caught midway and I had stopped breathing all together. Ian let out a slight gasp beside me and took a few steps back from the door. A horrified look spread across his face as he took a few minutes to process what we had just heard.

"We're going to die if we stay here," he whispered.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter and the late update but I've been having my finals for a week now. One more week and I can finally work more on this story. I hope you guys are still enjoying this story!

~ Sorrows